400 corbon?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by TacticalJHP, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Ok, why not make a 400 corbon pistol, or a pistol upgrade option.

this will only need a .45 pistol, with a .40 barrel, then ream the chamber out to accept the larger 400 corbon case.

actually, looking at my stuff here, if i could get a supply of .40 cal barrels, I could bore the barrels out.

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

too oddball of a caliber. 357 sig could be done teh same way and is far more common.

SW

3. deymorin

deymorin Well-Known Member

I had wondered about that but a 9mm barrell wont fit the 40/45 frame will it?

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

its just a different setup on the barrel machine and a different chamber reamer. you use a 9mm bore cutter with a 40 S&W diamerter barrel. it wouldnt be cheap to set up intially but i think the sales woudl offset it. it makes the most sense out of any of the calibers that have been suggested.

SW

5. deymorin

it would be awesome in a carbine :yes:

6. ET.

ET. Member

You could really burn through some dough with a 357sig carbine. I paid $29 for some 357sig ammo the other day. I could see blowing $100 a session with a 357sig carbine without even breaking a sweat...I'm all in. The kids can wear their shoes again next year with a few modifications to the toe area to allow for any growth. Just saying...

7. deymorin

Thats why you reload, after the intial investment(epuipment and brass) the sig would be cheaper than 45acp to reload and cheaper than 9mm factory ammo.

8. mellon

mellon Member

400 corebon hi point

The pressures on The 400 corebon are 2900, the 40 is 3500, all things being equal . A hi point 40 barrel reamed for 400 coebon in a 45 hi point you should have a winne?? Less pressure than going 40 hi point to 10 mm or 357 sit. Anyone know of a gun Smith who would ream a hi point barrel for this caliber