Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Feb I bought a used 4095 with a low sn. It doesn't show much use. Last week I put a red dot/green dot (el cheapo) sight on it, and took it to the range. At 25 yards, the red dot covers the small black circle in my paper target, about 3" diameter, and at 50 yards, the red dot is about 8" wide and covers the target side-to side. Using a shooting rest, the pattern will stay within the dot, that is, it is about 8 inches at 50 yards and 3" at 25 yards. Has anyone experienced better than this with a 4095? I also have a 995 I bought new, but have not yet checked it for accuray like I did the 4095.

BTW - I used a 7.62X39 borescope in the 4095 to set up the red dot sight with pretty good success. Just had to lube the borescope good with bullet lube to keep it from sticking in the chamber.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I am saying is that the bullet will hit somewhere in the dot. I shot about 30 rounds at each target with the 4095 fully resting, front and rear, and the pattern was that wide.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sounds like a 5MOA dot.

The best way to use these is zero the rifle so that point of impact is just above the red dot so you can see the point of aim on the target a bit better. This should increase accuracy.

Three or less MOA on those are much easier to use. Due to the 9mm ammo I get about 4MOA at 50 yards (2 inch groups), its a bit more difficult to get accuracy improvements than with rifle rounds.

Since this is primarily a 50m or less weapon 4-6 MOA isn't a major problem at that distance.

Try zeroing like I described and see if those groups dont shrink down a bit.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
This is a good idea! Thanks for the tip. Lets you see your actual point of aim instead of covering it up.

Sounds like a 5MOA dot.

The best way to use these is zero the rifle so that point of impact is just above the red dot so you can see the point of aim on the target a bit better. This should increase accuracy.

Three or less MOA on those are much easier to use. Due to the 9mm ammo I get about 4MOA at 50 yards (2 inch groups), its a bit more difficult to get accuracy improvements than with rifle rounds.

Since this is primarily a 50m or less weapon 4-6 MOA isn't a major problem at that distance.

Try zeroing like I described and see if those groups dont shrink down a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts