4095 at 50 yards

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by mahansights, Apr 13, 2015.

1. mahansights

mahansights Member

Well I've been looking forward to this for some time now!! There's good and baD!! The good news is that my 4095 shoots as well as I expected, MAYBE BETTER (my goal was 2 inch groups at 50 yards) !!!! The last two times I've had it out I had enormous swings in the elevation!! BE very CLEAR the problem lies in the UTG sight!!! The first time out i used the OE rail the second time out i used my new LongShot rail from LonsShot manufacturing!! This guy makes a really well developed product line of aftermarket parts for the HiPoint carbines!!

After the few rounds that i spent dialing in the bore sighting here's what the first three rounds looked then 3/4 inch group then 4 inch elevation change! Finally I layed the 4095 on my lap, sight vertical, I COULD MOVE THE SIGHT BACK AND FORTH just a little but at fifty yards, that was plenty!!! The UTG sight will not lock down=(

This was shot at exactly 50 yards at the phoenix Rod and Gun Club range! :dunno: Think I'm going to a scope because at 50 yards I was nearly covering the bull with the dot!!

Thats exactly what i was getting with the OE rail!! COMMON DENOMINATOR UTG sight Model Number
    SCP-RG40CDQ!!

[​IMG]

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

I haven't taken my 995 out to 50 yards yet, but with Federal aluminum cased, 115 grain ball, I was shooting a ragged hole at 25 yards. The group was larger with Remington brass cased, 115 grain ball. My rifle seems to like the cheap Wal Mart Federal best...fine with me.