Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
If you have more than one 995 and can trade one towards a 40, I'd say go for it. If you would have to give up your only 995 for a 4095, I'd say pass.

I love my 995 and my 4095. That being said, I have put more rounds through my 995 due to cheaper ammo and because I got it earlier.

Both carbines work fine although I have had a few FTF issues with my 40 that I did not have with my 9. I attribute this to break-in.

As for accuracy, so far they seem to be about the same. BUT, based on my experience with another .40 carbine, I expect my 4095 to be more consistent at long range because of a flatter trajectory. I have tested my 995 at 25, 50 and 100 yards but haven't yet done as much testing with my 4095, yet.

As for ammo cost, it was around $9.99 for 9mm and $13.99 for .40 six months ago- UMC, American Eagle ,etc. Now it's out of stock or even $20 a box for both! That's insane and I hope and expect it to come back down. Who knows.

My long-winded two cents.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.