Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mostly see problems, trouble-shooting questions, etc about the 995.
How many .40 guys have ever had to send in their carbine?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have, but only due to me doing stupid stuff and sending it in to get a checkup when I first got it. Its on its way back to me now after I lost the damn sear cam....

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I own 2, sent one in after buying it used for a checkup, the other I traded for and it was in perfect condition.

Neither carbine has ever gave me any trouble.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Own one bought it new about 2 years ago and never had the first problem with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think you hear more about 995 Carbines here is that more people have em. The ammo is more reasonably priced for the 9mm. The 40 should be an awesome round coming out a 16" barrel. I plan on getting one later on.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The 4095 is the most trouble free weapon I own after my AK. Have owned mine for several years with narry a problem. They seem to have worked the bugs out of the design with this weapon.

:) :) :) :) :) 8)

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
The only jams I have ever had were with some reloading bullets it just didn't like.

I got mine back from HP today. and WOW I got more than I bargined for. Sent it in for me loosing that sear cam and I got back...basically a new gun. New barreled receiver, receiver cover, and all the other small bits...not to mention the two free mags. Now i've gotta go sight it in again! hehe I love HP.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I had to send mine in twice. It wouldn't shoot in the cold (sub zero if I remember) and they fixed it. It's now very reliable. YMMV

·
Registered
12 Posts
About 500 rounds through it now, not a problem or jamb yet. Seems to be a good little rifle.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
So far I have had no problems with my 4095 , I got it new . I got a 995 used and have yet to have any problems with it . I think this is what happens when you have a manufacture like hi-point that is more concerned with putting out a quality weapon and stands behind them the way they do. Both of mine are for home defense and I have no regrets.
Spot

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had my 4095 for a little over a year and have never had a problem with it. Bought it used and have never regretted it. i just use wolf ammo though as it is the cheapest I can find around here.

G

·
Hi guys,

I've never had a problem with my 40 S&W except for the crappy trigger, and I've just about worked all the bugs outta it. It's the worst trigger that I've ever seen in a weapon...bar none. It shoots straight as an arrow, but you'll get a little cheek slap from time to time. I've learned to live with that.

The Hi-Point 4095 is far better than the Kel-tec sub2000 in 40 cal. because it has the worst sights that I've ever seen in my lifetime. Also, it's 85% plastic. Yuck! The first time that I saw the sub2000; I thought it was a Mattel toy gun.

Gone, gone....Muddpuppy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought mine used a few months ago. I shoot the hell out of it. Not a problem, yet. Although I agree that the trigger is kinda crappy. Then again...for $99.95 (with a good scope), I can't really complain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought mine used a few months ago. I shoot the hell out of it. Not a problem, yet. Although I agree that the trigger is kinda crappy. Then again...for $99.95 (with a good scope), I can't really complain.
Dang, you got a good deal. :wink:

G

·
I've owned mine for about a year and a half. Bought it for $150 and the guy gave me 6 boxes of ammo. Sucker! I shoot the hell out of it. It does take deer down and out. I am a cop and use it to put deer down that have gotten injured in auto accidents. Works like a charm and I always get a comment or two from my fellow co-workers about it. I recently sold my kel-tec sub 2000. While it too was a tack driver, I just never liked the plastic sights. I'm always happy with my hi-point though...always goes bang. Sent it in once right after buying it. I thought it had a chipped feed ramp. Turned out I was wrong. But HP did replace the firing pin and send me a new mag just to help justify my cost of shipping. What a company!

G

·
Just traded Stevens 311 12 gauge for 4095 and bought 5 spare mags a couple of weeks ago as soon as I get a job I'm going to the range and Shoot it hope it's soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts