4095 range report

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by 40calcarbineguy, May 11, 2014.

1. 40calcarbineguy

40calcarbineguy Member

I've posted here a couple of times about my 4095. Initial outing led to a bent firing pin. Well, I received a new one plus firing pin springs. I replaced them and headed out to the range. Fired about 100 rounds and had three FTF's.
    I noted what happened and looked at the rounds that failed. It appeared that the rounds got jammed after being pushed out of the magazine. They were jammed inside the gun on the side opposite of the ejection port. The bullet ended up getting partially mashed inside the casing. I know a lot of you have seen similar things and was hoping if someone had the right 'tweak' to avoid this happening again. I've heard a lot about bending out the lips on the magazine. Is this the fix, and if so, how exactly is it made?

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have not had these issues with my 995ts but I have had similar issues with my ar15. I wonder if the mag is not seated all the way up in the magwell or maybe the mag is being affected by the recoil. I ended up polishing my feed ramps on the ar and this helped with the ftf issues. Do you have other magazines to try? I will be taking my new 4595ts to the range soon and will report if there are any issues with it.

3. 40calcarbineguy

40calcarbineguy Member

I have 3 mags and it happens with all of them.
    I'll try to adjust the mag lips.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

the bullet's definitely need to be nose up in order to feed right. I have heard from some that you should load your magazines and leave them loaded for up to week to relieve the tension on the mag springs in order to break them in. I haven't experienced this myself but its worth a shot.