4095 trigger

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by drscot, Jan 27, 2015.

1. drscot

drscot Member

Is there ANY way to improve (or replace) the trigger on my 4095TS? Maybe it will improve with use and "break-in", but if not it really isn't something I am happy with as it is. I only fired one magazine through it before it got too dark so maybe I don't have an accurate picture of it.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

3. drscot

drscot Member

Trigger improvement.

I'll try that.
    Thanks.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My 4095 had a "crunchy" trigger at first but I've put thousands of rounds through it and now its a lot smoother. I think it's just going to require a break in period.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yeppers. The problem is the sear cam and trigger bar are made of stamped unfinished metal. So you have two rough edges rubbing together. Filing them will help but breaking them in is the only true way of mating them together.

6. drscot

drscot Member

I wonder?

I wonder if some "super lubricant" perhaps along the lines of FrogLube or moly might help?

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yes it would but a little rub with 600-1000 grit sandpaper will do more.
    Then lube it.
    All the grittiness is gone in my JHP.

8. Like others have indicated, shoot it and shoot it often. I would imagine that dry firing would accomplish the same thing. My 995 classic and my JCP were purchased used and both came with "decent" triggers.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

"Sorry honey, my trigger still feels crunchy, I'm going to have to head down to the range for another couple of hundred rounds!!!!"

10. drscot

drscot Member

Trigger improvement.

I just hope it isn't one of those things where when I eventually draw my dying breath it FINALLY starts shooting nice!

11. StikkerShokK

StikkerShokK Taxa-2-chits Member

Break it down to the barreled action, and dry fire it. Make sure you don't lose anything. I am looking for a less stiff sear spring, too. While holding just the action, you are able to push the connectors into the action body, if you don't feel like having to break the whole thing down, get sandpaper, and then play "find the spring". 2000 pulls (less than 2 tv shows) and I feel a nice difference.

12. RobbK

RobbK Member

I actually just dry fired mine then pulled the trigger over and over that smoothed things out

13. StikkerShokK

StikkerShokK Taxa-2-chits Member

There are a couple of transfer arms that will get better, even if you are only cycling the trigger. The sear and its horizontal 'pin' are what stick the most on mine, and are only brought into play after cocking it. There is so much friction in there that I can pull the trigger HALF WAY, watching the pin dropping (just above the safety), and if I stop the friction will HOLD it there. Instant redneck 2 stage trigger. It is getting noticeably smoother.

14. pipermac

pipermac Member

If use means better trigger action then I will be able to do brass angels when I am done.:rofl:

15. I drimmel polished the contact points with Simichrome and dabbed some Moly-Slide paste on. I now have a smooth sweet HP trigger.