4095 TS barrel

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by jniedbalski, May 27, 2014.

1. jniedbalski

jniedbalski Member

I have a 4095 carbine a 40 high point pistole and the 9mm pistole.I love all of them. I noticed on the carbine inside of the barrel it looks like paint on the riffling. My pistoles don't have this. I noticed after about 500 rounds close to the muzzle the paint is flacking off inside the riffling.its no big deal but wondering if anybody els noticed this. Iam thinking about crowning the muzzle also just to see if it helps on Accuracy. Also has any body ever thought about changing out the barrel to a match grade barrel ? That would be cool but would probably cost as much as the gun .I have in the past had a custom barrel put on a German mouser I have. The accuracy of that gun is amazing . There is a lot of gun smiths that work on mousers in my area but don't know any that could change out my high point 40carbine barrel. Iam just thinking about this so just wondering if anybody has heard any body doing this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Not anywhere I know of bud.... Welcome though!

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Everything is just a matter of money.
    Just how much money are you willing to spend doing it?

4. jniedbalski

jniedbalski Member

I was thinking of when I ever get the money but I also want to many other toys . I tore my carbine apparat tonight and it looks easy to do if u have a lathe .I have only shot it at 50 and 25 yards and the accuracy is decent so far . Of corse I want better accuracy but I also know this is not a target riffle . Iam having to much fun the way it is. I was wondering why the pistoles don't have the paint in the barrels but the carbines do? I don't think it hurts anything but just wondering. The next thing iam going to try is good ammo . I wouldent mind spending 300$ for a match heavy barrel and install if I could find somebody to do it. Also a threaded barrel with a break would also be nice

5. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

There's paint inside the barrel? :confused:

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Welcome to HPFF, jniedbalski!

Would there be a place to compete with a match grade 4095???

7. jniedbalski

jniedbalski Member

There is paint in mine . The pistoles have a nice Shiney bore the carbine is black inside with a little silver metal showing up