Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let you guys know. I ordered a box of Missouri Bullets IDP #5, a 180grn cast TCFP 40 bullet. I have shot one box of them so far, and they feed and function well. Just thought I would pass on this money saving knowledge! :D

btw- I generally like their .45 bullets as well. They run great in my XD

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which of their bullets were you running and what hardness? My only problem with them so far is that they like to lead my chamber(not bbl chamber). I think its because its a very low power round intended for plinking and idpa.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
the only problem ive had with missouri is thier lead is too soft to run through a standard glock barrel. past thtat, top notch product.

SW
I though Glock barrels aren't to have any lead shot through it. Only the aftermarket barrels can you do that.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
lead for a glock had to be HARD to work right. i run WW lead with 3%ish tin in it and get good results. you have to know EXACTLY what you are doing, but for me it works fine. im not dropping 125$+ on a barrel i dont need.

lbreeves- it was the standard 124 gr LRN. it was some fo the first cast bullets i bought. they work fine in my C9 and SIG P6, just not the glock.

SW

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
not really. they bite just fine in the glock. they dont work well in others (my P6 in particular hates them) but they feed anf function. i kepp seperate kinds of ammo for both. for my other pistols is cut my mix back a littel with pure lead to soften them up. my glock is 90+% of my shooting so most of my ammo is for it.

SW

·
Registered
142 Posts
im fairly new to reloading and so far havent had good experiances with lead i bought a box of missouri bullets 125 gr 9mm im loading them with X.X gr bullseye powder shooting them out of a hi point c9 at 25 yrds some hit ok alot of them are going through the target sideways and leading the barrel bad i was told mabye the diamiter was to small so i checked and there 356 in diamiter i have loaded 3 or 4 other brands of bullets and havent had this problem with others also im not crimping was told by an older reloader i know that he dont crimp his 9mm when he loads i did decide to order a 9mm crimp die to try it out i was wondering if this will help my problem

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
im fairly new to reloading and so far havent had good experiances with lead i bought a box of missouri bullets 125 gr 9mm im loading them with X.X gr bullseye powder shooting them out of a hi point c9 at 25 yrds some hit ok alot of them are going through the target sideways and leading the barrel bad i was told mabye the diamiter was to small so i checked and there 356 in diamiter i have loaded 3 or 4 other brands of bullets and havent had this problem with others also im not crimping was told by an older reloader i know that he dont crimp his 9mm when he loads i did decide to order a 9mm crimp die to try it out i was wondering if this will help my problem
sounds like your lead is to soft for the velocity you are shooting at. Pm me your load data, and i will check it against some i have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts