Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is a dup, my apologies.

While I'm not sure why Redball doesn't want to make money hand-over-fist by actually making 10mm/40 mags, there's certainly no lack of innovation out there as demonstrated by this video. Simply by tightening the feed lips in strategic areas, this individual was able to successfully feed 10mm from a 45acp Redball mag. My surprise is that the 10mm host was still able to fit the 45acp mag width. Go figure.

Video

1700ftps hitting for 800ftlbs is almost enough to make me sign up. Unfortunately, the video doesn't go into any sort of long term testing or reliability, just 15 rounds from a 20 round mag. If i could determine the reliability (anybody?) I would seriously consider trading up :D

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts
If this is a dup, my apologies.

While I'm not sure why Redball doesn't want to make money hand-over-fist by actually making 10mm/40 mags, there's certainly no lack of innovation out there as demonstrated by this video. Simply by tightening the feed lips in strategic areas, this individual was able to successfully feed 10mm from a 45acp Redball mag. My surprise is that the 10mm host was still able to fit the 45acp mag width. Go figure.

Video

1700ftps hitting for 800ftlbs is almost enough to make me sign up. Unfortunately, the video doesn't go into any sort of long term testing or reliability, just 15 rounds from a 20 round mag. If i could determine the reliability (anybody?) I would seriously consider trading up :D
One could expect an extra 2 rounds from a 45 mag loading 10mm... likely.
Each round is about 10% smaller diameter so one can gain up to 10% capacity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts