Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has lee reloading book and it only shows one powder for 45 acp 230 gain plated bullet can anyone tell me where to look for. More powders he has been using Bullseye in 40 s & w 185 gain plated bullets but it only shows accurate powder # 7 and #5 the bullets come from Berry's and help would app.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Copper plated boolits will basically behave like copper FMJ so you can use the load data for 230g FMJ. Start at the low end and work up and you'll be fine.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Yep go online to all the powder manufactures websites, Hodgdon, Accurate,Vihtavuori, Alliant and Ramshot. They all have reloading manuals free of charge you can download as PDF's I have them all plus some others on my laptop and on my smartphone for easy reference.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been to Hodgon and Alliant didn`t have anything on plated bullets for 45 acp the only one to have anything was Accurate haven`t heard of Vihtavori or Ram shot will try there site thanks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Berry's recommend using recipes for lead bullets. I have used Bullseye, Unique and Titegroup for reloading the Berry's 45 ACP.

There is a book called "The complete Reloading Manual" It list most all of the known loads for one caliber of bullet. I found it to be a good reference book.

You can PM me for my recipes (use at your own risk).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts