45 finaly broke

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Voyager Al, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Member

after 4 years and over 5000 rounds thru it, today it wouldnt fire. i heard the pin click, but it barely left a mark on the primer. i tore into it, to find a broken firing pin spring. Can anyone give me the phone # to call for a part? Its a 5 minute repair, so i dont wanna send it in for repair....

2. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Member

thanks for the quik reply!

3. Four years and all those rounds and it's only a quick spring replacement. I wonder how much all the other manufactures charge for a firing pin spring?

4. You are more than welcome. Good to hear that all you need is a spring and you will be back in business.

5. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Member

actually, only the last 3/16" broke off, so i DID stretch the spring and put it back together. At least it SHOULD fire. I wont use it unless i have to, but there's 2 9's in front of it in the case, plus my daily carry j-frame....

6. pjm204

pjm204 Member

are you going to send the whole gun back or just get a new spring?

7. waltham, you saved the day for someone else. you da man!

8. Awwww shucks shadowlands, you would have done the same. I just beat ya to it ;)

9. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Member

They are sending me a new pin, spring and colar, no charge. i will fix it myself.

10. Outstanding! Hi-Point rules!!!

11. Voyager Al

Voyager Al Member

Parts got here today (thursday) and are in already. Gotta reload ammo, and will shoot soon. It was a longer spring, and a new styled firing pin.