Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day to all of the best people on the best forum i own a .45 hp and needless to say..its a beast :twisted: lol im trying to find a good holster for this huge monster but i really dont want the fobus holster its nice i just dont whant that one any ideas good people?? any pics?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Go to your local gunstore or 2 and see what they have that will fit it. BUT thee Fobus IS the best
+1 on the fobus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to your local gunstore or 2 and see what they have that will fit it. BUT thee Fobus IS the best
i have heard that!! i was lookin for a nice nylon one i could strap across the small of my back but the fobus is gettin a preety good rep 8) any experience with it? they are preety sweet

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I have 1 for my C9 nice and comfortable. Oh and for putting your weapon in the small of your back, NO! NO! NO! NO! Never put a weapon there especcially as larger as the 45. Carry it on your hip where YOU can control it. If you have it behind your back you can't control who's gonna grab it. [ I know I know you're gonna say your a bad azz MF and NO ONE will mess with you. I get that all the time] But it is a fact YOU must control the weapon and small of back is not a good area

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the fobus for my C9 at the 4'oclock position, but for small of the back you are not going to like the fobus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 1 for my C9 nice and comfortable. Oh and for putting your weapon in the small of your back, NO! NO! NO! NO! Never put a weapon there especcially as larger as the 45. Carry it on your hip where YOU can control it. If you have it behind your back you can't control who's gonna grab it. [ I know I know you're gonna say your a bad azz MF and NO ONE will mess with you. I get that all the time] But it is a fact YOU must control the weapon and small of back is not a good area
well i am a bad ass mofo. :twisted: ..but you make a really good point i never thought about that...maybe i will go aheada and invest in the fobus its starting to sound better and better!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have the fobus for my C9 and it rocks! hardly know the gun is there and can wear it for 18 hrs at a stretch!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
try optics planet i got all mine from them ,they have a big selection of uncle mikes.
+1 that is where I got my fobus holster and mag holster

·
Registered
615 Posts
well i am a bad arse mofo. :twisted: ..but you make a really good point i never thought about that...maybe i will go aheada and invest in the fobus its starting to sound better and better!
From one to another, why not use the hands and feet, much faster at close range.
Within range, I can chop or kick you in the teeth/throat before you ever get to your weapon, no matter where it's at if holstered. Make any sudden move in any direction, and stand by for "claws in the jaws"
Small of the back is comfortable for me as well, but a slow process in a fast game.
Turd having a weapon (displayed gun) aside, I'll always favor what's been attached for 40 some odd years and trained extensively. Chunk of gun will be a back up if all else fails, or the distance is too great.
Self defense with weapons tends to gravitate toward about 7-10 yds.
In that I agree for the most part.
Can you unholster and be ready to fire in that distance while being attacked head on ?
Can you do anything in that distance if the turd has already pulled ?
Can you get close enough by being calm to surprise him with an unseen display of power than makes no noise other than him hitting the ground?

Holster options are personal preference just as weapon choice.
Comfortable borders on being complacent IMO.
Too many folks overlook the weapons they were born with, in favor of practicing with a foreign object that takes time and thought (trained or otherwise) to implement.

Maybe I'm straying from the topic here, but in a confrontation, I'll use what is the most quickly available in the situation.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I know a lot of you are keen on the fobus holsters, and to the best of my knowledge they are the only company that makes one custom for HP pistols, but they are built poorly they wear out quickly and they have no real retention. besides that the stick out too far and point the handle right out into your cloths where it is too easy to see. I had one for my 1911 and now all it will ever hold is an air soft gun. Personally get a quality leather holster with a good guide for the front sight so it can't snag. I carry my 1911 in a bianchi IWB it costs about the same as the fobus but holds on tighter and has a much slimmer profile. Here is a link http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=319810 They might make a size that fits the HP but good luck hiding the .45 that gun IMO is just way too big to CC.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Well im thinking of getting the Fobus but check out my holster review. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the Fobus for my HP 45, very comfortable, obviously only OC, but as good as it gets in terms of ease of carry. I also have a Fobus for my 1911, and it works just as well. I have had both holsters for quite a while now, and aside from surface scratches and such, they are in perfect shape. I've had friends try to grab the gun from the holster and nobody has been able to get it out unless I just stood there like a doof and let them pull straight up from on top of me.......

9/10 of retention is situational awareness......you can have the greatest retention holster in the world, but if you don't know the bad guy is there when you need it, he'll get the drop on you. If you need it now and you are fiddling with 30 different steps to draw your gun, it doesn't do you much good now does it?

My .02 is to use a holster that is comfortable for all day carry (because you should carry the biggest caliber you can comfortably carry and shoot....and if a more comfortable holster means you can carry a .45 instead of a 9mm, then great), has as much retention as you are comfortable with (would keep someone from just pulling the gun out of the holster from behind before you can react), and beyond all else, be aware of your surroundings and of potential threats around you........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts