Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New member, just bought my first Hi Point .45, brand new out of the box.

My problem is, the gun will not fire at all. It seems like the safety is permanently on, the trigger will not depress.

Any suggestions before I send this in?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Are you trying to dry fire or live fire it?

A little more detail about what your trying to do will go a long ways to helping to solve what ever issue you are having

Dp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to live fire, I have also tried dry firing after running into this issue.

Are you even able to dry fire these guns ? (Not that I would want to do this, but was just trying anything I could think of)

Using WWB 45 230gr jhp, loads and manually ejects just fine

·
Banned
401 Posts
I would call the company, sounds like you something in the firing sequence might have slipped or jammed when it was assembled..I heard of this happening on another brand a couple of years ago.

Dp

·
Registered
296 Posts
Make sure your pulling it back far enough to actually cock it. I can cycle mine just fine manually and never latch the sear. Pull all the way back till you can lock the slide open with the safety lever, then drop the safety and see if it will fire. When mine was new, it took a very strong pull of the slide to get it to lock open.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I agree,

Make sure you are getting it cocked, I can cycle rounds through my C9 without cocking the gun, they have a pretty stiff spring in them, sorry I should have thought of that...

Dp

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know its only one more day, but, I'd be dropping the mag and trying it now. Oh, and BTW, you do have to have a mag in it to fire, even to dry fire. When I'm just messing about with mine and do get it fully cocked, I close the slide on the empty chamber, pop in a mag and then fire to release the springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know its only one more day, but, I'd be dropping the mag and trying it now. Oh, and BTW, you do have to have a mag in it to fire, even to dry fire. When I'm just messing about with mine and do get it fully cocked, I close the slide on the empty chamber, pop in a mag and then fire to release the springs.
Good idea, I will give it a try tonight. I live in the city somewhat, so I'll have to take a drive out of town to test it out.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good idea, I will give it a try tonight. I live in the city somewhat, so I'll have to take a drive out of town to test it out.

Thanks again for the help.
Color me silly, but why take the drive ? If the chamber is empty, the only sound will be 'click'. I was just indicating to see if you could get it to even dry fire, not live fire.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Make sure the chamber is empty, mag empty. rack slide, put mag in, pull trigger. Just to check function. This will not hurt your HP. It is not recommended to dry fire a firearm, but will not hurt, just to check for function.
JHP has a magazine lockout safety feature, which will not allow the trigger to be pulled without the mag in.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good to hear. Let us know how it shoots when you get the chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts