45 JHP question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by mworley1, Mar 20, 2015.

1. mworley1

mworley1 Member

Been away a long while and looking for advice. First is it worth a laser site? Also are the ones listed on hi point site quality? I only want to go out to about 25 yds. Just a passing thought about laser site, that's all. Second, are the 45 JHP Magazines interchangeable with carbine? Sorry if this is repeat subject, I mostly lurk and read don't post much. Thank you all.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Yes the magazines are interchangeable.
    Are the HP laser's quality?
    I'm sure you can find better ones, BUT, a laser on a JHP doesn't seem important to me. I have several lasers, and they sit in this one drawer taking up space. I wouldn't want to waste too much $$$ on a laser that will soon join the others?
    I would consider a flashlight for the nightstand JHP over a laser?
    I hope this helps?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015

3. mworley1

mworley1 Member

Yea I was just pondering it, the JHP is my goto pistol. I've been reading about Mahan sights, look interesting. I tried ghost ring and didn't like it. I like the flashlight idea, did you mount it on laser mount with ring?

4. MachoMelvin

I have several lasers, I didn't care for them. I have several flashlights & didn't care for them much either. I guess you won't know if you like it until you buy it. But if you spend $100 on one & don't like it, you will be REALLY MAD? If you only spend $45 and don't like it, you will just only be MAD!

5. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

The laser which came with my JHP (the small cylindrical one pictured on the JHP product page) is a POS. I have not tried another one on it yet. I see Hi-Point has been selling another laser (the TG LaserLyte Laser) but have not heard if it is good or not.

6. mworley1

mworley1 Member

18 bucks, I saw that one too. Did you get it sighted in? At what range? I don't mind spending 18 or so on a chance it'll work or not. The laser that fits on the trigger guard looks like a great device but I am not sure about performance and durability. Anyone try that one yet?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  7. i use it and have no problems but even for 18.00 its a good deal. if you don't like it your not out of much!

8. $18?? Link please

9. Oh and I have the .45 JHP and the 4595 carbine... 5 mags and all fit in both.. now onky thing I need is to find some 15+ or more mags... I hear people say not to buy pro mags for hi-points.., not sure why...

10. MachoMelvin

I have received 4-5 promags in HP gun trades & NONE of them ever worked!

I once spent about $125 for 4 promags for a Taurus & NONE of them ever worked!

I one other time spent $75 on 3 promags for a HP 4095 & NONE of them ever worked!

Now I have heard the stories of new stock vs old stock But with the $$$ I've wasted on promags I could've bought a lot of HP mags?
    You don't have to BEAT this old horse, to prove a point!