45 stock

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by noonster, Feb 3, 2016.

1. noonster

noonster Member

Ohio
    I'm interested in the 45 carbine but find the stock too "busy" for my tastes. Did they ever or do they make a plain stock for the carbine?

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Like these?

NO! I had to build a few myself!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016

3. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

The old style or monkey stock (original "Planet of the Apes" reference ), the two lower ones above are preferred by many. I've never had a TS (new busy style) But do have my son's 995 mounted in the ATI stock. I prefer the monkey stock to the ATI. It's lighter and goes to shoulder much more naturally. They look funky, but handle and shoot very well. They also don't look nearly as weird live. It kind of makes the gun look cool, different, "Planet of the Apes"

4. Noonster, the short answer is "No." Hi-Point never made the .45 carbine in anything other than the TS stock. Like you, not everyone likes the looks of the TS stock, and some of this forum's ambitious members have taken the 4095 (40S&W) "monkey stock" and modded it to fit a 4595 (45ACP) action into it. (Cicpup did it first, he was followed by Macho Melvin who posted the pics above)

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I believe the old style stocks are in short supply, maybe MOM will start making more?

6. MachoMelvin

I like all 3 stocks. Each is different, that is why I had to have one of each. I'm silly like that?

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:noonster!!!
    Should be pretty easy to put a 4595 into a monkey gun stock ;)
    ;) Mel did it, w/o sending it in to MoM!!! ;) :D

Hopefully NOT!
    I'm saving mine for fleaBay, the ATI stocks are going CRAZY High,
    maybe a Monkey Gun stock will too! :confused: ;) :D

8. noonster

noonster Member

Ohio
    thanks a load for the info --- I'll have to ponder making the monkey stock (after I find the carbine). It'll have to take a number...

9. MachoMelvin

Any updates NOONSTER?

10. noonster

noonster Member

Ohio
    Nothing in the works, yet. I'm looking low key for the donor carbine - used, pref. Then will look into doing the stock thing. WAY too many projects in the pipeline. On top of that, it's fishing season and get ready for Camp Perry CMP games season, too. I'm NEVER gonna get caught up. On the bright side, I'm gonna have to live to 103 if I expect to get half of the stuff done.