4595 Bolt will not pull back fully to load a round..

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by bombero437, Mar 21, 2016.

1. bombero437

bombero437 Member

Went to the range today, ran 100+ rounds thru with no problems at all. Then on the next magazine the charging handle would only pull back 3/4 of the way and would not get a full cycle to load a round. I tried it without a magazine and different magazines that worked earlier. Not sure what happened here but it will not fully charge, any help is appreciated.... Thanx :confused:

2. desertrider

desertrider Member

I've stripped my 4595 down so many times I could probably do it blindfolded.

Pics could help identify the problem, but otherwise I am just going to suggest that you strip it down and take note of all conditions of each part as you disassemble and look for anything that looks out of place.

Plenty of "How-To" disassembly vids on You-Tube.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Will it just not go back all the way or is it stuck in place? Couple things off hand. Charging bolt tightened too much or firing pin springs are entangled. Then there's a screw overtightened on top of cover snagging on receiver. LRHO spring came undone. Someone put the sear in backwards. Or several other possibilities. You're going to have to take it apart and poke around a bit.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Since all that changed between working and non-working was a magazine swap, my guess is the charging handle bolt, or a bent firing pin/messed up springs, or just crud in the action.

Bent firing pin is my pick.

5. bombero437

bombero437 Member

Going to tear it down tonite and see what I can find. I have replaced the firing pin a while back (bent pretty bad, they sent me 2 in place) so I have another one with new springs as well. I have fired around 500 rounds thru it since the bent pin replacement, working fine until the other day after 100 or so rounds, charge handle is not too tight.