Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been more years than I care to admit since I took that carbine to the range. I am looking for an easy but effective way to clean and oil the gun without that insane disassembly I keep seeing on YouTube.

thanks

Joe P

·
Super Moderator
5,076 Posts
Run a cleaning rod down the bore, give the bolt a quick spritz of lube, shoot to your heart's content. Repeat as necessary

Reactions: shaner

·
Super Moderator
5,076 Posts
Thanks...that seems to be the consensus. Are there any specific oiling points without disassembly?

Joe P
I'd just put a couple of drops an the slide and call it good.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I typically just lock the bolt back and put a drop of CLP on the ramp and extractor, and try to avoid the firing pin. Run a wet patch down the barrel and run a wire brush thru the chamber. When carbon buildup looks ‘excessive’ I’ll dab some CLP on a foam swab and try to wipe out what I can see.
since it’s not easy to remove the bolt/carrier, I take a wire chamber brush and put a 30 to 45 degree bend in it and attach it to a cleaning rod to get in the chamber with the bolt back.
My 4595 is my oldest HP carbine at around 10 years old and I’ve never disassembled it for cleaning, even with a large amount of dirty ol steel case Wolf.

·
Super Moderator
5,076 Posts
I typically just lock the bolt back and put a drop of CLP on the ramp and extractor, and try to avoid the firing pin. Run a wet patch down the barrel and run a wire brush thru the chamber. When carbon buildup looks ‘excessive’ I’ll dab some CLP on a foam swab and try to wipe out what I can see.
since it’s not easy to remove the bolt/carrier, I take a wire chamber brush and put a 30 to 45 degree bend in it and attach it to a cleaning rod to get in the chamber with the bolt back.
My 4595 is my oldest HP carbine at around 10 years old and I’ve never disassembled it for cleaning, even with a large amount of dirty ol steel case Wolf.
You've never had a pressure problem putting oil on the feed ramp? I do the slide, but I've always tried to avoid any place oil could get on the shells.

Reactions: Rerun
1 - 6 of 6 Posts