Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 20rd redball magazine but it was a couple of months before I got to try it out. At the range, I loaded it, racked the bolt and it fell out. I reinserted it, making sure it was seated and racked the bolt again. Same thing happened. Redball swapped the mag out but it didn't help. When I called Hipoint, they said that to try taping the center plastic piece down. I had already done that and was told they had received some carbines in for repair with electrical tape near the top of the mags. I put a couple of pieces on the side of the mag opposite the mag catch. Problem solved. Then I decided to zero the irons. When I finally got it on paper, the rear sight was all the way to the left and it was still off by a couple of inches at 25yds. I ended up tilting the front sight. When I got home, I dug through my parts box and came up with a pair of flip up sights and adjusted them to match the red dot. The next trip to the range--all good. The 4595 will never match the range or power of my other long guns, but it's more fun to shoot than any of them.

·
Premium Member
If I have it, I shoot it.
855 Posts
Nice going. Simple and effective. Did the stock mag fit and work correctly without falling out on its own?

I'd say the Redball needs some tweaking at the mag catch hole where it catches better, if a thin pieces of tape works on opposite side so well.

You'll fit in with the group well by realizing that you can fix things like the front sight by yourself by already knowing how a gun works. Well done.

Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
I have no 1911's so Redball, factory, and ProMags are what mine eat from.

• Wow
Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up a 20rd redball magazine but it was a couple of months before I got to try it out. At the range, I loaded it, racked the bolt and it fell out. I reinserted it, making sure it was seated and racked the bolt again. Same thing happened. Redball swapped the mag out but it didn't help. When I called Hipoint, they said that to try taping the center plastic piece down. I had already done that and was told they had received some carbines in for repair with electrical tape near the top of the mags. I put a couple of pieces on the side of the mag opposite the mag catch. Problem solved. Then I decided to zero the irons. When I finally got it on paper, the rear sight was all the way to the left and it was still off by a couple of inches at 25yds. I ended up tilting the front sight. When I got home, I dug through my parts box and came up with a pair of flip up sights and adjusted them to match the red dot. The next trip to the range--all good. The 4595 will never match the range or power of my other long guns, but it's more fun to shoot than any of them.
I have a older 995 with the factory "ghost ring" sight for a rear sight. At 50 yds with sight basically centered I am shooting full mag groups of under 2". Here is an example target.
White Font Line Circle Recreation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts