Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve done a bunch of reading here as a lurker and watched enough videos to think I’d like to have a Hi-Point carbine in 45ACP. I didn’t even know HP made one until last week. As a company I’ve also discovered from what I’ve read in the last week I am impressed.

Years ago I wanted a Marlin Camp Carbine but they weren’t made anymore and there just isn’t factory support or parts available should it break. Recently I looked at a USC. But for the cost the magazine choices just don’t make sense in so many ways to me. And with the cost of gas n groceries for my family I can’t find that many greenbacks in the budget.

For what it is and what I’m gonna use it for the 4595 seems like a damn good deal.

I don’t really have any questions cuz I think I’ve looked into it enough. And I never before cared much for bullpup style guns before. But the Hitower bullpup in OD/Black combo just speaks to me…”get it, get it now!” Well maybe from Santa.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I had one, sold it to my nephew. I still love it. I would buy another if the opportunity presented itself. I love the HP Carbines. Still have 2 995’s. The carbines are super fun and reliable. I think I will probably always have at least one in my stable. Fun fun fun!!!

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
I got a 4595 just because I wanted a .45 ACP carbine, and there aren't a whole of carbine options in that caliber. It is a very pleasant carbine to shoot off-hand, and the stock sights are very easy to acquire and use to shoot precise groups.

I am looking forward to getting a Hightower Armory bullpup stock one of these days when the wife lets me. Every time I get a new gun, it's like pulling teeth to get her to let me get something else, so I have to wait.

The only real drawback to the Hi Point carbines is that mags load through the pistol grip, which puts a practical limit on the magazine capacity compared to a magazine the loads forward of the action, but that's a minor detail.

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right Think1st, not a lot of options for a carbine in 45. At least not in the price range that I can afford right now.

I'm really liking the Hitower bullpup stock. But if I were to attempt to keep costs down it'll have to wait. As I've seen it suggested, just do the thingmeister 1911 mag conversion. It seems 15 round mags aren't that expensive.

My LGS has them for a good price and I'll probably pay them a visit this week. I only work one day this week so I "should" be able to squeeze in a range day at least once.

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An OD 4595 is on order from my LGS!
Went with OD cuz the HTA bullpup looks great to me in the two tone. And if I decide to just do the 1911 mag catch thingy I’ll have it in the color I want either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Studied and read a lot about Hi-Point carbines for a year before I took the leap and bought a 4595 TB. Really happy with it. Lots of fun to shoot, extremely accurate, very reliable, packs a punch, and fits my style of shooting perfectly. Hope you enjoy your 4595 as much as I enjoy mine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought the 4595TS the day before Thanksgivings on a pre Black Friday sale. I removed the front and rear sights and the extra rails under the forend and under the barrel as they will be no use to me. I installed a 4 X scope in some weaver steel rings and took it to the range to sight it in. My carbine was shooting more than a foot right at 50 yards starting with the scopes crosshairs in the centered position . I kept turning the scope dial to the left and finally ran out of adjustment when the bullets were still hitting 4” right of the targets center.
I now have it mounted with Millet steel rings that allow you to adjust the ring to the right or left so I hope when I get back to the range I will get it shooting straight.
Looking the top rail over good I do not see any misalignment so why it was shooting right is a mystery.
I own 2 HP JHP pistols so the mags will all fit the carbine, I only wish there was a way to catch the fired brass as I handload all of my centerfire ammo ( 34 calibers ) and I always loose some of it even when it’s all concrete around
Jedman

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,324 Posts
I just bought the 4595TS the day before Thanksgivings on a pre Black Friday sale. I removed the front and rear sights and the extra rails under the forend and under the barrel as they will be no use to me. I installed a 4 X scope in some weaver steel rings and took it to the range to sight it in. My carbine was shooting more than a foot right at 50 yards starting with the scopes crosshairs in the centered position . I kept turning the scope dial to the left and finally ran out of adjustment when the bullets were still hitting 4” right of the targets center.
I now have it mounted with Millet steel rings that allow you to adjust the ring to the right or left so I hope when I get back to the range I will get it shooting straight.
Looking the top rail over good I do not see any misalignment so why it was shooting right is a mystery.
I own 2 HP JHP pistols so the mags will all fit the carbine, I only wish there was a way to catch the fired brass as I handload all of my centerfire ammo ( 34 calibers ) and I always loose some of it even when it’s all concrete around
Jedman
Did you boresight it first?

What kind of scope is it? If all mounted correctly I don't see why the rings would have anything to do with it, especially weavers.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
That's a disturbing read Jedman as I await the phone call from my LGS. Hope you get it figured out. I'd like to read about it if you do.
I've almost run out of adjustment in an Aimpoint on an issued Colt M4, and have the same issue as Jedman w/ my Gen 1 IR optic on my Mossberg bbl in the 870. I need to shim the mount a little and go back to the range. My FIL had offered to pop the cantilever mount off the bbl & silver solder it back on, but sadly he's not able to do so from his urn.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts