4595 Iron Sights

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ChasRob, Oct 10, 2015.

1. ChasRob

ChasRob Member

I picked up my new 4595 last week. When I went to the range I was surprised that I had to do major adjustments to the rear Ghost Ring sight to even hit paper at 25 yards and less. I had to adjust the sight all the way down and all the way to the right. And the BSA Red Dot I got from Hi Point wasn't close either. I did not have to adjust my 995, zeroed 25 yards right out of the box. Any suggestions?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Check your front sight post. Could be canted and not plumb with rear.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Could have just been from bouncing around in transit on the way to the dealer. It happens.

4. ChasRob

ChasRob Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll check!
    ChasRob

5. kengrant

kengrant Member

My 4595 shot 6-7 in. right the first time I tried it at 25yds. with the rear sight centered. I put it away for awhile because it ticked me off.

Last week I shot it again at 25 yds. and it was the same as the first time.
    I had the correct hex wrench and started adjusting the front sight and got it online but now the front sight is very much canted to the right and looks odd.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    When you say online, do you mean lined up by eye? Have you actually shot it as adjusted?

Try moving it back about halfway, then adjust the rear sight a bit. And do that while shooting, otherwise, it's just guessing.

7. HOMERGRAHAM

HOMERGRAHAM Member

I put my hi point bsa red dot on my 4595 this week, put a bore sight in the chamber, took off the rear iron sight, and zeroed the laser with the front sight post. At first I tried to cowitness the iron sights front and rear with the laser, but found that difficult.
    James Yeager at Tactical Response (youtube.com) said to make the red dot look llike an apple sitting on a fence post. His solution was to buy iron sights that fold down out of the way, but I chose to just remove the rear iron sight. I may add fold down rear iron sights at a later date, but am satisfied for now.
    Was able to line up both the bore siter and the red dot at 25 yds. Will take all tools with me to the range this weekend to final adjust. Guns shipped get some rough treatment in transit, so you may indeed have a canted front sight from someone throwing it onto a truck. Easy to repair with your tool.
    I will post my success, or lack thereof, next week.
    I must say, the carbine looks cool as heck.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  9. Muttley55

Muttley55 Member

That's odd that the sights were off that far. Mine right out of the box required no adjustment at all--right on the money from 25 yds. Then as I mentioned in another thread I put a TruGlo red dot on it. It happened to co-witness with the front post and both hit dead on without having to remove rear sight. One prob I have had with the irons is in broad daylite-- that front post seems to disappear. I put a dab of white enamel paint on it and that did the trick.

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Considering that according to Hi Point all firearms are factory test fired, im about positive it didn't come that far off. Even though its fired by a machine most likely, if the bullet doesnt hit the target they aren't releasing that unit.

Either it got bumped in transit, possible.
    More likely someone messed with it or the shooter isn't aiming properly and is over adjusting and getting frustrated.

I own 5 hipoints and all were pretty much spot on accuratec at 25yds right out of the box.

11. kengrant

kengrant Member

Did you not read my post? Was shooting at 25 yds. off a bench with sand bags.
    Even let a couple of others shoot it as well. Same results for all of us.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Actually, he could have read it a thousand times, it doesnt say any of that, anywhere. Can you show perhaps how anyone would know those things? Below is your actual reply in this thread. If you posted different information elsewhere, was he expected to remember every post from every member?

13. magnum55

magnum55 Member

i didn't get the metric hex tool neede to adjust the front sight with my 4595. I kinda wonder why they made it metric instead of standard?

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    5/64ths. Got to supply your own.

15. magnum55

magnum55 Member

Yeah, that's what I thought mine was, but it's 2mm. I had the wrench.

16. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

You mean it didn't magically zero itself in your safe? That's not right, sounds like your HP might be defective. :p

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Did you not read your own post?

What the freak does "online" mean? What does sandbags have to do with your sights being "online"?

After you got it "online"...did you shoot it again?

Dude...Cicpup is right, and you aren't, except coincidentally. 2mm is approximately 5/64. It's an SAE 5/64 "made in the USA" bolt, which your metric wrench just happens to fit.
    Same thing with 12 mm and 1/2 inch.

18. magnum55

magnum55 Member

Maybe, but my 5/64 wrench doesn't fit the bolt tight enough to do the job and my wrench marked 2mm does. I guess they had some metric bolts mixed in with their shipment of SAE bolts. It was just a minor issue I had when I had to adjust my front sight, but it's all good now.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's possible, I've had that a few times in a bulk pack of nails or bolts, you get a few that just aren't what's supposed to be in there.

The other issue is the wrench. Being a cheap SOB, my small wrenches are lucky to be within 10% of their supposed size.:p

And that's why we have pliers.:D