4595 promag problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by gunnut123, Jul 25, 2015.

1. gunnut123

gunnut123 Member

bought some promag 14 rd mags to go with my new 4595 , have not had a chance to shoot it yet but trying the mags out the Hipoint mags go in fine but the promag mags won't go in unless I push in on the mag release first , then it goes in fine and seems to lock in good , is this normal with them or is there a problem , I have some for my 995 and they work fine

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yes its normal for ProMag to be complete crap. Regardless of which firearm, promag has a reputation for being total crap.
    Yeah youll get the Occasional guy eho claims his work great....usually after altering them....but a good working, out of the box promag is rare.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Never had a problem with my 4595 ProMags. Might want to compare them to the factory mags and make sure the holes are punched right.

4. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Actually the issue of having a hitch in mag insertion, and sometimes having to press the mag release to get a mag seated is not new and has been reported numerous times in the past. Links to just a few examples below. Usually seems to involve factory mags . I'd say take the gun with the mags you're reporting trouble seating and shoot it. It doesn't seem to be a real problem as far as feeding and firing go and in the past some folks said it went away with use.
    As far as the Promags themselves I've had good luck with the 45 model, had a trio with my 4595 but I traded the gun and mags away. Most of the Promag single stack stuff I own or have owned was trouble free and needed no mods .

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f274/sticky-mag-288422/

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f274/hi-point-996-carbine-magazine-problem-296446/

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f274/question-about-magazines-carbine-301533/

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

So some factory mags have the same problems. AFAIK Talon doesn't own any ProMags for his HP carbines, might not have ever used one in a HiPoint. Had a bad experience with PM's with his AK. So apples and oranges. I am sure the earlier ones were problematic.

BTW here is where I get good prices on the ProMags. I would not buy 10rd mags from ProMag as the factory mags usually work great. http://gunmagwarehouse.com/catalogsearch/result/?o=HiPoint&q=Hi-point

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

As stated every time the "why is my promag total garbage" post comes about, yes i have had them for HPs as well as other guns and they've all sucked. Hard to say "yes your promag sucks" if you dont know. If i didn't know i wouldn't say i think they suck. And i am saying they suck in every application ive used them they suck.

7. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

The issue asked about by the op has been reported on this and other forums numerous times and involves factory mags far more often than Promags.
    Sorry for your bad luck in yet another sphere but the OP's issue has nothing to do with brand , too many examples reported in this case otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  8. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

I hope you will report back on this after you shoot the gun. If you read the examples I posted you'll see this is nothing new and isn't much of a real problem.

9. bowbreaker

bowbreaker Member

im sure everyone would like them to work. I have never tried a promag in a hipoint but the two I got for a pt-99 years ago were terible.

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I could swear that I've read somewhere..... (maybe on the internet, so it must be true) that promags were claimed to void the warranty from Hi-Point firearms.

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

Can I give you a virtual kick in the ass? The literature in all rifle boxes mention the 9mm's only. Don't you have some taters to dig up? :p

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Since I own exactly 0 (zero) carbines, want to hazard a guess as to how many pieces of said literature that I might have in my possession? ;)

Oh crap.... I thought those were weeds and mowed them all down when I was running the weed wacker! :eek: :p

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have a great sadness in my heart for you. Not even a 995TS? :sorry:;)

14. gunnut123

gunnut123 Member

well as stated I have not used tem yet so they may run fine , they do in my 995 , but I want to shoot it in pin shoots we have at my local gun club and the little extra of having to hit that mag release to insert a mag slows my time just that much more, all though it would make a good excuse LOL

15. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

That's true, I'd always wondered whether the literature in mine had been printed before Promag introduced their 4095 and 4595 extended mags and these weren't mentioned because at the time of printing they simply didn't exist to be mentioned.
    However recently when calling HP to inquire about a different issue a tech actually interrupted me to say the 4095 and 4595 versions did not void the warranty.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  16. gunnut123

gunnut123 Member

well talked to promag and they said that was not normal and to send them back and they would replace them so they are on the way so I can get ready to soot this winter , tried to use them in my gun though and cycling the gun by hand they all seemed to work good , will post updates

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

How the Hell did you do that?:eek: I emailed them before............twice! I forget why I emailed them. Even called and left a message. Never heard a thing.