Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this a couple days ago & havent shot it yet. Cycling it and then it couldnt eject manually,had to knock the round out with a cleaning rod. case slipped right off the extractor. My last one was a 9mm that accumulated brass shavings which contributed to eating itself. I guessing others have experienced this phenomenon. I'm just going to run it 200 rds an see what happens.The only reason I got it is my hoard of 45acp & components.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Do NOT manually insert and eject any live rounds into chamber as the firing pin is also the ejector. This is how KABOOMS happen if hand slips off the bolt charge handle. If you manually pull back the bolt all the way, you'll see the firing pin push out of the bolt that you won't see in other firearms(as far as I can think of).

Just clean out the barrel and chamber of any factory test function firing residue, oil/grease things up and run rounds through the gun as it was intended. THEN, if the extractor doesn't remove any rounds of "factory" bought ammos, you make a call to MOM(Hi-Point) and arrange a return ticket for them to fix(free for life), unless you know what you're doing and can fix, then MOM will send you the parts(free for life) and you can fix.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do NOT manually insert and eject any live rounds into chamber as the firing pin is also the ejector. This is how KABOOMS happen if hand slips off the bolt charge handle. If you manually pull back the bolt all the way, you'll see the firing pin push out of the bolt that you won't see in other firearms(as far as I can think of).

Just clean out the barrel and chamber of any factory test function firing residue, oil/grease things up and run rounds through the gun as it was intended. THEN, if the extractor doesn't remove any rounds of "factory" bought ammos, you make a call to MOM(Hi-Point) and arrange a return ticket for them to fix(free for life), unless you know what you're doing and can fix, then MOM will send you the parts(free for life) and you can fix.
I'm well aware of that. I'm not sending it in until its blown up. I imagine the gun would eject rds w/o firing it RIGHT OUTTA THE BOX.

·
Premium Member
36,320 Posts
But what you imagine and reality aren’t always the same.
Clean it. Take it to the range and shoot it. Otherwise, you’re never going to know for sure.

HPs are famous for just NOT working properly under manual manipulation. They like to be shot, not jerked.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
I just got this a couple days ago & havent shot it yet. Cycling it and then it couldnt eject manually,had to knock the round out with a cleaning rod. case slipped right off the extractor. My last one was a 9mm that accumulated brass shavings which contributed to eating itself. I guessing others have experienced this phenomenon. I'm just going to run it 200 rds an see what happens.The only reason I got it is my hoard of 45acp & components.
Hoard of Components and Ammo?
Brown Dog Carnivore Window Dog breed
Brown Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
I'm well aware of that. I'm not sending it in until its blown up. I imagine the gun would eject rds w/o firing it RIGHT OUTTA THE BOX.
Yeah, me too, but HPs are not like most guns LOL

I wish I had this forum when I bought my first C9, it was when they first introduced the polymer frames, and it was a jam-o-matic. But nothing these guys have not seen a hundred times or more.

Plus I'd likely have a LOT more guns if my first had not been finicky, or I knew how to deal with it. I'd have become The MOLE eighteen years sooner, maybe? ;)

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But what you imagine and reality aren’t always the same.
Clean it. Take it to the range and shoot it. Otherwise, you’re never going to know for sure.

HPs are famous for just NOT working properly under manual manipulation. They like to be shot, not jerked.
then they should have a cleaning rod mounted under the barrel. I'm sure it will eject after firing since its a blowback.
my question was about brass shaving. i didnt read in the manual that the gun has to be shot to clear it because its ridiculous.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,339 Posts
Clean the gun. Its basic knowledge. That way you can inspect the weapon before you set off an explosion in a tube that if you didn't tear down in clean the shipping grease snd oils and what ever FOD that could be in it. Im always surprised that people don't even do a basic clean once over before firing them. You don't know what happened at the factory or in shipping or at the gun store. Lots of guns shave off brass. Find the burr and knock it back. Its not a big issue.

If its upsetting a Hi point isn't perfect from the factory. Don't ever by a Kimber. I've fixed more of those then Hi-Points.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clean the gun. Its basic knowledge. That way you can inspect the weapon before you set off an explosion in a tube that if you didn't tear down in clean the shipping grease snd oils and what ever FOD that could be in it. Im always surprised that people don't even do a basic clean once over before firing them. You don't know what happened at the factory or in shipping or at the gun store. Lots of guns shave off brass. Find the burr and knock it back. Its not a big issue.

If its upsetting a Hi point isn't perfect from the factory. Don't ever by a Kimber. I've fixed more of those then Hi-Points.
i clean every new gun before shooting.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,339 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,339 Posts
i got a zastava ak (BNIB) that was full of metal chips one time...never under estimate the other guys laziness. I mean a thimble full.
Gun enthusiasts are my best clients. They have more issues then the new beginner. Its 99% always a dirty gun. $75 just for me to even look at their guns.

·
Administrator
28,852 Posts
Gun enthusiasts are my best clients. They have more issues then the new beginner. Its 99% always a dirty gun. $75 just for me to even look at their guns.
$100 for people who don't know how to use WD-40 properly.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,339 Posts
$100 for people who don't know how to use WD-40 properly.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
No kidding. They get charged extra because it takes so much more time and materials to do a deep clean.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,339 Posts
its because we're dealing with people who never had a shop class in high school & are extra stupid.
The sad thing is. It is the shop guys, farmers, mechanics, machinists of the world that can screw up a perfectly good working gun. They say its broken it no worky right. I ask If they have actually cleaned it. And they say yes Im not stupid. So I tear it apart and its gummed up, dirty has sun seeds or something in it. You'd be surprised at what Ive removed. I clean it and the gun now works.

·
Super Moderator
9,214 Posts
They say its broken it no worky right. I ask If they have actually cleaned it. And they say yes I'm not stupid. I clean it and the gun now works.
Reminds me of oh-so-many Jennings J-22 "jam-o-matics" I've acquired. I popped the slide off this one and found it full of lint, and the sear was so gummed up it barely functioned. (That crap in the pic on the right fell out as I pulled off the slide.)
Sleeve Office supplies Gun accessory Luggage and bags Auto part

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reminds me of oh-so-many Jennings J-22 "jam-o-matics" I've acquired. I popped the slide off this one and found it full of lint, and the sear was so gummed up it barely functioned. (That crap in the pic on the right fell out as I pulled off the slide.)
View attachment 74604
you're my hero & the reason i found this site. keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
View attachment 74604
Reminds me of a Heritage .22 I once acquired. So much gunk in the frame that the pawl wouldn't lock up and the trigger barely engaged the sear. Worked fine when I was done - 3 hours later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts