4595TS Front Sight Removal

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by JoeP, Sep 21, 2015.

1. JoeP

JoeP Member

Is it possible to completely remove the front sight and still retain the lower rail?

Thanks

Joe P

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Negative. That rail is press fit, for lack of a better term, to the fsp. Imo it's a crap rail anyways and you're better off buying the side rail kit they sell.

3. JoeP

JoeP Member

Thanks Bob...my objective was to retain the lower rail and ditch the entire front scope, but it does appear that is not possible.

Joe P

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I tried it too. If you figure it out, you'll be famous around here.

5. I got a bent front sight post from mom for my forty. Milled off the post so it's just ring with a flat spot on the end of the barrel. I took off through post to clear the line of sight for my c-more sight. Still keeps lower rail fixed but no visual obstructions. I'll try to post a pic when I get home tonight.

6. nfitzsimmons

nfitzsimmons Fitz Member

Longshot Mfg sells a barrel shroud with lower rail attached if you need a lower rail without the front sight. Have that on my 995TS, it looks nice plus it's solid metal unlike the stock plastic junk it had that was warped.

-Fitz

7. JoeP

JoeP Member

Looking forward to the pictures.

Joe p

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    JoeP, I shortened the front sight, I have a pic and you might be able to
    visualize what it would be like with sbucho's mods. Added another in
    case you are wondering why I did the short sight in the first place.

Attached Files:

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

You can just remove the top adjustable part of the sight, but you'll need to leave the base. It won't be visible with an optic.

10. Here's what I did. ..sawed off the post, then milled it smooth. You could saw and mill or grind it smooth. You can see it still keeps the lower rail positioned. [​IMG]

11. undeRGRound

INDY
    Welcome Back!!! :D TALON

Thanks Capt. Obvious :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

If it was that obvious (and its very unclear how its not) the OP wouldn't have asked the question. Dumbarse. ;)

13. JoeP

JoeP Member

Thanks sbuchho345 that is what I am looking to do only because it is a "cleaner" look rather than just removing the top portion of sight. At first I did not recognize the sight base because of what you have attached in front of it and it looks like you painted it. What is that attachment?

Joe P

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  14. undeRGRound

INDY
    :wah:
    U Big MEANY!!! U need Banned :wah:

</rippy>

:D

15. rickm

rickm Member

16. That's the comp as he mentioned. I just dura coated the gun that's all. You may be able to get a bent one or 3 from the factory. When I did mine they said they had a bucket of them from people doing who knows what and they replaced them. I'm thinking when they got a bucket filled maybe they recycled them? I just got the spare in case i wanted to ever switch back.

17. JoeP

JoeP Member

Thanks...I went that same route in that I called Hi-Point and requested a replacement and did not have to return the original. I too am keeping the original if for some reason I decide to switch back to the original setup which is a weird design for keeping the lower rail secured.

Joe P

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015