Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all just joined today...had my hi point for about a month now...500 rounds and only 1 jam...awesome gun...was just wondering about when the time comes to take it apart...alot of people said it is quite a chore...should i follow the book or does anybody have any better suggestion? thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the manual says strip it at 2000 and im at 500...just wondering thats all...i like to take care of my stuff 8)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I would just follow the book. Thats what it is there for lol.

Congrast on the .45 Sounds like you got a winner there

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, cool. Just run a bore brush through it, use some BreakFree CLP or other cleaner until you tear it apart. When you are ready to do that, let me know, I can help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
mikefed45acp said:
alot of people said it is quite a chore...
It's easy, though not the normal teardown routine:

First, you don't do it often (as many others have pointed out). Wait for 2-3k rounds .

And, secondly, it's not that hard, even when you feel compelled to do it. It takes a $3 set of Home Depot punches, and fifteen minutes start to finish. If you're clumsy :D

But, most importantly, the normal post-range cleanup is much easier than with most firearms: squirt with gun lube and you're done. In the long term, HPs make;]
alot of people said it is quite a chore...
[/quote]

It's easy, though not the normal teardown routine:

First, you don't do it often (as many others have pointed out). Wait for 2-3k rounds .

And, secondly, it's not that hard, even when you feel compelled to do it. It takes a $3 set of Home Depot punches, and fifteen minutes start to finish. If you're clumsy :D

But, most importantly, the normal post-range cleanup is much easier than with most firearms: squirt with gun lube and you're done. In the long term, HPs make it _easier_.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
much appreciated guys...especially el guapo :) i was just asking cause i lurked around on the old site and if i recall correctly, someone said to use a different size pin punch or even the allen wrench that comes with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts