Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys like your HP 45s as opposed to the c9? It looks akward, but hell - so did the C9 when I first saw it. Its a really comfortable weapon, and should be way better once I get the grip. Thoughts? (Obviously thinking of my next HP purchase - but will have to wait until after a carbine 45 or 9)...... :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love the feel of it, but since I just picked it up today, I haven't had a chance to give it the range work out...gotta let the mag break in a little 1st.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have both.. each one has it's own advantages, but I tend to like the JHP for target/home protection, and the 9 for mostly carry. The hogue/pachmyer (I have both) grips make a huge difference in comfort and appearance imo.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I like my JHP more than my C9. That big ole booming smoke wagon is fun to shoot and fits my hand better. It seems to be a bit more accurate than the C9, could be because of the feel? Both are great though.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I've never shot a C9, buuuut i'll still brag-up the .45 cuz... i wanted more STOP than my 9mm would give me, it was that simple. So I sold my EAA Witness for $200 at a gun show (boy he got a deal) and bought the JHP, ammo & a spare mag for the same money... took it to the range & learned that big ugly brick had LESS kick than the 9mm - which meant MORE control for my small hands & narrow shoulders.

I guess the heavy of it is a favorable thing for recoil sensitive lil' fellas like myself.

I don't miss the Witness a bit & am addicted to .45ACP pills.

I'm guessing the C9 has similar favorable mass/recoil ratio though. My buddy has a .380 & it's a sweeeeet shooter, it groups like a .22LR. The C9 prolly similar?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the JCP and the C9. I love both of them, but I think I may lean more towards the JCP. And yes in comparison my C9 kicks way more than the .40

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I am itching for the carbine (impatiently waiting for the 45, but either 9 or 40 will do), and the next thing may be the 45. Great value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts