5 Reasons Even Gun Owners Should Hate the NRA

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Jul 23, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

1. Guns are bad
    2. Guns are really bad
    3. Guns are really really bad
    4. Guns are really really really bad
    5. Did we mention that guns are bad?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-even-gun-owners-should-hate-nra/

BWA-HAHAHAHA Literally EVERY item on their list is justified as a reason to hate the NRA because... wait for it... guns are bad.

For example, #2 is "They're pretty racist." I figured it's be just another straight-up race-card. But no. It's because guns are bad.
    "NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre used his speech at the 2015 annual NRA meeting to talk about the secret terror cells in every city. Because otherwise having assault weapons on every street corner would be lunacy."

See? It's not that racism is itself bad, it's that NRA style racism means that we'll have "assault weapons on every street corner" and that's bad. ...because guns are bad.

Or, #1, "They're Paid by Gun Manufacturers." No one complains that the International Federation of Dental Hygienists, an international organization dedicated to promoting oral hygiene, is mostly funded by something other than member dues, such as large donations from tooth-paste manufacturers, because tooth-paste isn't bad. But because the NRA gets an important fraction of funding from gun manufacturers, that's bad because... guns are bad.

I agree that cracked is a humor site and this entry certainly succeeds in that, but not for the reasons that the author thinks.

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

AND thats another reason to cancel the subscription to them and MAD Magazine

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

"THE" only reason I need to dislike the NRA is;
    They are NOT going to change anything & they still want to take my $$$.
    We are going to receive, just what the majority of America wants us to receive!
    Face it we live in a MOB RULES society?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  4. slade601

slade601 Member

Knowing cracked, I'm sure more than half of the comments on that article are in agreement...

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    This is what those clowns refuse to acknowledge: the NRA is made of millions of regular citizens who simply value their gun rights. They can paint it as a lobbyist for "the industry," but it is actually a lobbyist for a plurality of individual Americans who will pay their own money and time to secure their freedom.

They can demonize the NRA all they want, but it won't change the fact that it is probably one of the most successful populist-type of organization in existence.

6. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    my god the comments :loco:...Europe's finest no doubt...I wonder why we didn't want anything to do with them a couple hundred years ago (or now).

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    One way to find out for sure, everyone stop donating to the NRA and see how well the 2nd Amendment fairs on it's own. It's not all "changing anything" it is also "keeping what we have".

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

seems to me it was written by euro's finest

9. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    In reference to that second comment, why doesn't commenter take a look at Greece? Repeatedly bailing them out, instead of kicking them out of the EZ is quite the definition of insanity. They bail them out in return for promises of reforms that never materialize, and then they talk about bailing them out, again.

Meanwhile, I have to highlight this silly little tidbit:

This flies in the face of their previous assertion that the NRA is an industry shill. If much of the corporate money comes from round-up or add-a-buck programs, then it stands to reason that individuals are a major reason for the NRA's horse power. Even when they cite the various manufacturers' pledges to donate a percentage of profits to the NRA, that is not an indicator of corporate cronyism. Those pledges are statements of solidarity with their customers.

The whole article is a bunch of "Their board is just a bunch of racist Neanderthals." There is not a single objective thought in that piece of tripe.