Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New member here, I was interested in purchasing a hi-point carbine for hunting fox...but in my state, NH, it is illegal to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle with a magazine that holds more then 5 rounds...so my question is, does Hi-Point or anyone else make a 5 round magazine for the carbines?..or could anyone modify one ?..the only one I have seen is the stock 10 round magazine, they seem like a great gun and the forum is very interesting, any info would be appreciated, thanks, Nastygunz

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I don't think there are any commercially produced ones. You might be able to make one by cutting the spring and installing a block in the bottom of the mag, but you'd need to be willing to screw one up in the event it didn't work. And, even if it did, you'd need to verify the legal niceties with your state to make sure that what you've done meets their standards.

Let us know how it works out if you do this!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ive seen one done by taking a mag, drilling a hole through the bottom and running a long sheet metal screw up through the baseplate so it blocks the follower from going down past five rounds. it was crude but it worked.

SW

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm interesting idea SW...I emailed Bushman and a fellow named Jose said he was going to look into it and get back to me...he said he was surprised it hadnt come up before! thanks.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Hmmm interesting idea SW...I emailed Bushman and a fellow named Jose said he was going to look into it and get back to me...he said he was surprised it hadnt come up before! thanks.
Jose is the Bushman!!!! Great guy and loves coming with new ways to fill the needs for us Hi-Point owners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Im going to go ahead and get one Im sure either he will come up with a design or someone will !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.