Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Would you buy Hi Point 50.cal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
That would be cool. It would open up a whole new market to hi point. Priced at $200 for the pistol & $300 for the carbine. 7-9 round clips. I Would buy 1

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I wouldn't just because of the cost of ammo. :-( I'd love to have one though. Just wouldn't be able to shoot it but once or twice a year? :x

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I already shoot .50 AE, so a 5095 would give me a pistol/carbine solution to a problem I didn't know I had..... :wink: :D :p

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
You can't have a .50 cal. in a Blowback design weapon without some SERIOUS recoil.

Limpwristing would become a real problem as your wrist would go limp after shooting it a few times :shock:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Like another member I have a Desert Eagle in 50 AE. I honestly don't shoot it very often due to the high cost of the ammo so no, I would not buy one. I hate to admit it but it's been about 2 years since I fired my DE.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Nope, cost of ammo. .45 is high enough for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
THE CARBINE WITH A TRIPOD AND A SUPED UP RECOIL PAD... A REALLY NICE SCOPE. WITH IT BEING HI-POINT IT WOULD ALL BE AMERICAN MADE.

GOD BLESS AMERICA,
PERKINS GEMAN SHEPHERDS
"""BREEDING EXCELLENCE"""

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
It would be entertaining to fire such a round out of a carbine but the cost and recoil would be excessive.

would be a decent bear defense gun though.

Hi-Point need to design a new carbine that operates from a gas-piston, they would have to lighten the slide/bolt on the carbine so it could be manipulated by the piston, it's really not a big modification to the existing design, rhis would make all sorts of caliber weapons feasible.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
um yes it is. do you knwo the difference between pure blowback and gas operation? it would require a complete redisgn of the entire weapon. nothing would tranfer from one to the other. not ever going to happen

SW

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Blowback, cardridge pushes the slide back and is ejected, the recoil spring pushes the slide back into battery.

Gas-operated, cardridge is fired, some gas is redirected near the end of the barrel and travels up to the piston head pushing a piston rod, the piston rod pushes the bolt back (or HP's slide which is attached to this rod.

I think it's feasible, prove me wrong ;)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
not for HP its not feasible. thats why gas op rifles cost 500+$ and a HP carbien is 200$. its about manufcture cost. sure HP could makea gas op carbine but not with thier current design.

SW

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
If I were them i'd make the plunge, i'm sure they can somehow got cost using some ZAMAC-3 here and there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts