Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the local pawn shop to look around and was approached by the manager who, knowing my previous success with purchasing a battered and non functioning 995 (now a like new 995Ts thanks to Mother), asked if I was interested in a non functioning .380. Couldn't pass it up for $50.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Super Deal !

As for haggling, I was walking by the gun counter at Cabela's last week, when I heard the clerk say "so you want the $20 off on top of the coupon ?" and shook his head in a disapproving way, and then proceeded to punch the numbers into his calculator to see what the price would be.

So, I'm sure its a YMMV, but certainly its possible, and more possible the higher the expenditure, and how willing you are to walk away.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What a deal send it in to get fixed and you got a good gun. Nice find. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really miiss the pawn shops I went to down in georgia. you never knew what kind of deal they had going. apparently vermont doesn't know what a pawn shop is because there are none around where I live. I'd start one up but I wouldn't be able to sell any of the guns, I'd want to keep them all for myself. 50 bucks for a 380. thats a great find.....

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
I'd start one up but I wouldn't be able to sell any of the guns, I'd want to keep them all for myself. 50 bucks for a 380. thats a great find.....
Quite unexpectedly, the Obama Administration has been somewhat slow (reticent some say) to hand out new FFL's. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Thats a great price. As far as haggling, if you pay the asking price in a pawn shop your sucker I bought my 2nd C9 for $70 after talking them down from 110 ( I don't think it had been shot much if ever). Also my roommate haggled with the guys at Cabella's for a used C9 with hard case and they dropped the price 20 bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$50 for a .380? I hate your sorry lucky ass!!!!! Just jealous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The fine art of haggling? Say no sale till you bleed.
When blood comes out of your nose, say..."I will take it".
Someone always wants to sell something. Not everyone wants to pass on their bucks to the seller.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I personally hate haggling, per se, but when I bought my pre-owned-but-apparently-never-been-fired 995 classic last weekend, it was at a small LGS here in Georgia. The price tag said $200, and all I did was ask "any possibility of dealing on the price?" The salesman looked over at the store owner, who said, "I'll let it go for $175." So I went ahead and bought it!

Dan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts