Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 4th trip out, we were shooting my mother's brand new Beretta 92fs, S&W .38 special, a .357 python, and my C9.

My mother was shooting Monarch brass rounds, and had a jam EVERY SINGLE TIME with her brand new 92. I shot it testing for user error, and same result. I loaded 2 mags of hers up with my S&B rangesafe ammo, and shot like a dream. Lesson learned... Monarch and Beretta are not friends.

.38 special is the replacement for the Taurus that fell apart, and it shot very well. It is a lot lighter than the Taurus, so recoil was more noticeable.

As for my c9, I put another 125 downrange with it. I had one nose up, and so did my step father. I need to adjust my mag lips, but I don't have a caliper. The rounds are getting easier to chamber though. I never polished the feed ramp, which would completely eliminate the issues chambering rounds.

Me and mom are going to Terrell, TX March 28th to do our concealed carry class. Should be a lot of fun! Going to be spending a lot of time and money out at her house up to that time, breaking in her 92 and fine tuning performance on my C9 so we make sure to qualify, and have no jam issues on range... that would be embarassing.

G

·
Use a 9mm bullet as a gage.Its .348 which is close enough.If the brass case passes through it,its too wide.
Just use the part of the bullet right where it meets the brass.That should get you close enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a 9mm bullet as a gage.Its .348 which is close enough.If the brass case passes through it,its too wide.
Just use the part of the bullet right where it meets the brass.That should get you close enough.
Thanks for the tip! I will check in when I get home from work. Any similar tips for the rear of the mag?

G

·
I have not adjusted any of my rears :embarrassed2:.I have 5 mags and The rear measurement are all a little different.It is hard to adjust them too.I have not had any problem with the mags after I adjusted the front lips.
It looked like to me when they are too wide,they where way too wide.Like .370. and of course the front of the brass will pass right through the lips.
Just use some needle nose pliers and bend them in or out grabbing only the lip I also took some 320 grit sand paper and lightly sanded the inside of the front lip so it won't gouge the brass .
After about 1000 rounds I checked my distance and they are still good.
When you load the mags,don't stretch them back out with the shells by cocking them to the side when you push them in.

Good luck.

G

·
just FYI...

if you need a good dial caliper and you live close to a Harbor Freight, or want to order from them online go here...

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=caliper&Submit=Go

I have the Cen-tech dial caliper shown for $16.99 and it's nice (Chinese made but good quailty and mine came with a plastic hard case)...I use to use it more often several years ago when I reloaded for bolt action rifles...I used it recently to measure and adjust my C9 lips. I also have the small one listed for $1.99 as a backup, but it's marginal in funtionality but well worth $2..

G

·
I've had the same caliper from them for around 6 years.I use it all the time.
You can also measure your ammos over all length if you want to play with them.
It's a worth while tool.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts