Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think? I may have a deal on one, what should be the price on a used one

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
What does everyone think? I may have a deal on one, what should be the price on a used one
Since 500 S&W is a cartridge, I'm sure you're speaking of a particular firearm. If so, which one and then we might be able to help on pricing! ;)

·
Banned
401 Posts
Yup, would need a model number before could offer any advise on if it is good or bad....Watch out that bad boy can hurt you, a friend of mine got one and ended up breaking his wrist shooting it!

:cantlook:

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
the only current models are the S&W X-frame ported, magnum research BFR and T/C contender single shot. Any are top notch guns. id buy any of the above three with no hestiation were the money right.

SW

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I would personally go with a Raging Bull....if you can find them, GB has been dry of almost everything lately. Good thing though, since nobody has one, ammo is stocked everywhere around here.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't think that Taurus ever made a Raging Bull in 500S&W.

I agree with SW though, all the current offerings in 500S&W are wonderful guns.

If youi could find a plain jane S&W in 500S&W for around 700-900, I would say that is an awesome deal.

Maaso, compare the cylinder of a 454 Raging Bull to the cylinder of the 500 Smith, you will see that the 500 Smith cylinder is FAR bigger than the Raging Bull's.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Oh wow, neato!! I forgot about those. I remember now, Taurus never made a 460 style Raging Bull.

If Taurus made a reasonably priced Raging Bull in 460S&W, I would be all over that like fleas on a dog. I think the 500S&W is a neat idea but I really like the 460 because it can handle 460, 454casual, and 45colt. I like the idea of the flexibility in caliber.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's the X frame S&W....I thought that was the only one smith made..............I think I can talk him down to about 700$

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It did not kick near as bad as I thought it would.....very surprised......those compensators really do their job

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes they do. I shot a 6 inch X frame with the ported barrel with 460s and it kicked less and hurt less than shooting my Ruger Superredhawk in 454 Casul which has no ported barrel or comp.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i got the oppurtunity to shoot one of the first ones produced a few years ago[#4??] and i was VERY impsessed
would love to have one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts