Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you saw tonight's show you need to write to them (politely) calling them on the obvious anti-Second Ammendment distortions presented.

Hi Point carbines have been specifically listed in recent editions of proposed AW bills.

Here is their email address: [email protected]

gary

G

·
Sad.
But see that M60E3 they had on that table? Not just any swinging richard could buy that here legally...
As far as that stooges comment about OUR 2nd amendment rights: WHo the hell is he on that?

I have always thought: borders worked bothways: isnt it time for it REALLY to work both ways? Search them in , and out?

Oh wait: that sounds like smart....

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
these are not leagally obtainable guns. So what will an assault weapon ban do about illegal guns. Nothing!! criminals do not care if they break another law.

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
I couldn't agree more......it's a joke to think these guys are coming into the US and legally buying these weapons. Ban or not...they will get their weapons. But people like us will not be able to defend ourselves.

·
Registered
799 Posts
This whole argument is such a wolf in sheeps clothing its funny. So allow me to switch into propoganda mode real quick.
A recent poll conducted (by me, on a small group of people I selected) found that 80% of people are more concerned about the economy than gun control. I see the drug cartels as a very effective means by which to stimulate the economy. My proposition is not a ban but rather a automatic weapons tax break for forgeign buyers as long as they ship them out of the country. This would encourage to mexican drug cartels to purchase American automatic weapons stimulating the economy and gettin those evil heatseeking, armor piercing, "assult" weapons with the shoulderthingees that go up, out of our country. That way we can all be rich , safe, and happy while we stare at our TV's and shovel Big Macs into our mouths.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This whole argument is such a wolf in sheeps clothing its funny. So allow me to switch into propoganda mode real quick.
A recent poll conducted (by me, on a small group of people I selected) found that 80% of people are more concerned about the economy than gun control. I see the drug cartels as a very effective means by which to stimulate the economy. My proposition is not a ban but rather a automatic weapons tax break for forgeign buyers as long as they ship them out of the country. This would encourage to mexican drug cartels to purchase American automatic weapons stimulating the economy and gettin those evil heatseeking, armor piercing, "assult" weapons with the shoulderthingees that go up, out of our country. That way we can all be rich , safe, and happy while we stare at our TV's and shovel Big Macs into our mouths.
Have you ever seen "Cocaine Cowboy"? Its a documentary about drugs in florida during the 70's 7 80's that did just that! It kept the economy alive in florida during a recession. Not saying anything political or anything it was just a really cool and ineresting documentary.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't really see that CBS did a whole lot wrong. The dude from mexico was the one talking about how he thought the 2nd amendment wasn't intended to arm criminals. Anderson Cooper asked the homeland security chick if she was going to request (or what ever term he used) an assult weapons ban and she said she hadn't thought about it.

The guns are obviously coming from USA dealers. That can be easily tracked back to the dealer. I suspect if the cartel's aren't buying them themselves they are using straw man purchases. To my knowledge a foreign person can purchase a gun... assuming they don't have a record, I assume they are good to go.

I personally don't see what is there to get upset about.

PS, just for the record, I am against any assult weapon ban so don't flame me.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
This is a good example of miss or partial information being used to remove the right a a select population of people (legal gun owners). We all know that removing guns from law abiding citizens with do nothing short of increase violent crime rates and imprison the poor slob who does actually use a firearm to protect himself and family. Just look at England and Australia. Both contries are begging, even demanding to have their gun rights given back. Now back to CBS, they need a good story AS well preptuate potential new in the future all the while helping the democratic cause.

G

·
I don't really see that CBS did a whole lot wrong. The dude from mexico was the one talking about how he thought the 2nd amendment wasn't intended to arm criminals. Anderson Cooper asked the homeland security chick if she was going to request (or what ever term he used) an assult weapons ban and she said she hadn't thought about it.

The guns are obviously coming from USA dealers. That can be easily tracked back to the dealer. I suspect if the cartel's aren't buying them themselves they are using straw man purchases. To my knowledge a foreign person can purchase a gun... assuming they don't have a record, I assume they are good to go.

I personally don't see what is there to get upset about.

PS, just for the record, I am against any assult weapon ban so don't flame me.
I think the guns do come from the U.S., but not from dealers. Our government arms their military and their military arms their drug cartels, so basically, U.S. citizens are being blamed for their corruption. Not a flame, just semi agreeing with you :blink:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the guns do come from the U.S., but not from dealers. Our government arms their military and their military arms their drug cartels, so basically, U.S. citizens are being blamed for their corruption. Not a flame, just semi agreeing with you :blink:
You could very well be right. Either way it doesn't really matter. I suspect it is a combination of both. they buy what ever they can from where ever they can. From the volume of arms they are talking about I personally find it hard to believe a lot of it isn't coming from dealers.

They also talked about hand grenades etc. I don't think any civilian can buy those here anyway so who know where the heck those are coming from.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You could very well be right. Either way it doesn't really matter. I suspect it is a combination of both. they buy what ever they can from where ever they can. From the volume of arms they are talking about I personally find it hard to believe a lot of it isn't coming from dealers.

They also talked about hand grenades etc. I don't think any civilian can buy those here anyway so who know where the heck those are coming from.
Mexico has been involved in forging industrial ties with China, and many of THOSE transport ships trade with other countries in the Oceania region such as Malaysia, the Phillipeines and what not.... so I'm sure it's not TOO hard to ship in ordinance that isn't available by shooting an email off and having the "stuff" end up in a shipping crate on it's way to Mexico with a load of knock off sneakers or t-shirts.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I hate to be a nit-picker, and sorry for going slightly off topic, but.....i see this all the time, and can't help myself.

Ordnance: Ammunition and the weapons systems that use it.

Ordinance: Local law or statute.

Sorry, i feel better now. :)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I hate to be a nit-picker, and sorry for going slightly off topic, but.....i see this all the time, and can't help myself.

Ordnance: Ammunition and the weapons systems that use it.

Ordinance: Local law or statute.

Sorry, i feel better now. :)
I must say, I never noticed until you said something. Thanks for to grammer lession.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lou Dobbs (CNN) interviewed the Arizona Attorney General last evening (3/3/09) the AG made the statement that 90 percent of the weapons used by the Mexican cartels were coming from the U.S., but when Lou asked how he knew this since Mexico has not reported any of the weapons' serial numbers, the AG stumbled a bit and then said the weapons had come from arrests on the U.S. side.

Lou pressed him further, asking what sort of weapons were confiscated and were they fully automatic or semi-automatic. After some additional stumbling, the AG said they were AK-47s that had been traced to a single Arizona dealer and that they were fully automatic. The AG left the impression that the Arizona dealer in question had been arrested.

Dobbs also asked if the feds were prosecuting the cartel members arrested, and the AG said the case was his, at the request of the U.S. Attorney. Dobbs thought it unusual that the state was prosecuting a federal case, but the AG didn't flinch when he said he was glad to try the case.

The whole deal smells bad, with the DEA, FBI, Border Patrol, Homeland Security, Sheriff and Arizona Attorney General all getting involved. It's like flies on a fresh pile of doo doo. If everybody is responsible, nobody is responsible and today, Janet Napolitano (Homeland Security) wants to get Army troops involved.

The feds are coming a little late to the game, since this has been building for more than a year. The press is finally getting in on he act, though Glenn Beck has been talking this up for a couple of years. The anti-gunners will try to take advantage of the situation to reinstate the Assault Weapons (AW) ban, but there may be enough bipartisan support to stop it. Weapons of all sorts are selling like hotcakes everywhere and people are frightened. . . perhaps for good reason!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
as long as mexico doesnt clean up its government and their law enforcement agencies all this will continue. its the corruption that exists within and the prison gangs that are being hired by the cartels. this is nothing new here, but i dont think the violence will spill to this side. why? because they will get caught. no one will cover up for them on this side of the border. 20 to 30 killed in a single weekend in plain daylight and no one has a clue to who it was. please. bodies left at the police stations front door and no one sees anything. wheres all the money the u.s has sent over to mexico to fight the cartels?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Regardless of whether or not these guns are coming from America or from the Mexican government or anywhere else, an assault weapon ban in this country would achieve nothing. If someone wants a gun bad enough they'll be able to get it. Especially with the kind of money those cartels have some stupid American gun ban is going to stop them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Medical mishaps - 90,000 fatalities
Firearms (all, including accident and suicide) - 45,000 fatalities

If the law was about common sense, the prohibition would be on physicians instead of firearms.

According to the FBI, hands and feet cause more deaths than handguns (Sep 08).

We're not talking about doing anything intelligent here folks, this is politics!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts