7.62x39 scope recommendations

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by colthrash, Jun 9, 2015.

1. colthrash

colthrash Member

looking for recommendations on a scope for a bolt action carbine. prefer mil dots, but not dead set on them. illuminated or not? this will be my first non-rimfire scope, don't really have a preference.

p.s. had bacon wrapped asparagus with dinner...

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If you get illuminated, ensure there is a reticle visible with no battery.

I'm not sure mildots are very useful on a 300 yard cartridge, but a 1.5-5X or 2-7X would probably do the trick, and if you like them, they won't hurt anything.

I would say a fixed 4X, but I like being able to leave the thing on no, or very little, magnification, for those close up snap shots. The low magnification scopes tend to be light weight and low profile as well.

My dinner was walleye and fries. Hate cleaning them, too small t just fillet, but good eating.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

If its a vintage rifle, go with a vintage scope. They are surprisingly good quality and can take a beating.

4. colthrash

colthrash Member

it is a cz 527, I wanted something to match the sks. my eyes are pretty tired, anything past 100 and I need help

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

Oh, its a modern enough looking gun then that you can get away with a modern scope then without it looking wrong.