Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience with Argentine Mausers? My local shop has a sweet spoterized Mauser with the original stock but cut down. Has an awsome peep sight with a good bore. It's listed 7.65 Argentine, they only want $149 for it. Is the ammo scarce or gone? can it be re-barreled in a lighter or equal caliber? Just Currious if it's worth the investment for a non reloader.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i have one chambered in 30-06,its a great shooter. the barrel was swaped

·
Registered
721 Posts
a buddy has one and loves it. the mil-surp ammo he finds is a bit unsettling as the primers are blown free on almost all on firing but I regularly see new ammo at Cabella's

·
Registered
134 Posts
My stepfather has one that was sporterized. It is his deer rifle. He has to order his ammo of the net as there is no local source for him. It is a nice shooting rifle and it has quite a bit more recoil than my 91/30 but is a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I passed on the argentine, I put a sportsterized Swedish Mauser on layaway instead. It seems like someone cut it down to fit a kid, not sure if this was made into a carbine in 1938 by the swedes. It has the original peep (diopter) sight on it and is a nice smooth action with a great bore, it was $190.

I think it was cut down to 18" though it seems incredibly short.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.