$700... *drool*

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

JUNK! Ill say that again JUNK! I owned one. First range trip i made it through three rounds and cracked the upper reciever. three weeks later after a trip to the factory and a new upper i had it back. 28 rounds later it cracked AGAIN! another three weeeks and a trip to teh factory and i had it back. I dumped it on a pawnshop and got back most of my money.

SW

2. spend 300 less and get a kel tec plr16............

3. Really? I looked at the KT but I have a soft spot for Bushmaster (the first AR I ever shot)

4. I don't like the look of AR pistols at all with that giant dildo sticking out the rear of them.

I do like the Keltec thingy though.

Personally, I'm going to build one of my AK kits as a pistol. Always thought they looked much better than AR pistols.

5. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Yeah, that gun just doesn't really do it for me...

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I remember on the old forum SW's troubles with his pistol.

7. For the same amount of money you can build your own AR-15 and have it customized to your preference. Way too much money for a POS.

8. Way to ruin the dream guys... ok... you've convinced me... but the one I shot was nice as get all!

9. jsumpter99

jsumpter99 Guest

While they have gotten a bad rep with the carbon 15's, Bushmaster makes some fine weapons. Just stick with a forged metal upper and lower and you will be fine.

10. griff30

griff30 Member

4095fanatic
    You can get a PLR 16 cheaper.
    I had a Bushmaster and never again will I have one. It would only take mathcgrade 5.56 NOT .223. anything other than federal was stove pipeing.
    I almost would not have gotten the PLR 16 if it was not a gift.
    I would REALLY look into a 308 rifle or pistol for reliability and REAL power.
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=241

11. condition1

condition1 Member

don't do that either. never fire one but several i know say they are cheap. quality not just price.

12. The problem with the Carbon-15 is you must shoot them slow, which makes the picture of the 30 round mag pretty funny. If you allow it to heat up, say good night.

13. 45Man

45Man Member

That's interesting. Mine fires anything I put through it. I bought it new about 15 years ago, but never used it much. Lately, I've been using it more. The only thing I replaced was the old magazine black followers with Magpul followers, huge difference! There is an occassional problem with some types of ammo: Wolf-brass cased sometimes blows the primers out which can jam up the bolt. Steel case Wolf shows no evidence of primer blowout.

15. I'd love one, but I was looking for a medium range long gun.

16. Why?