Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just went out and put about 80 rounds out of the 40 tonight. It did pretty well right out of the box. I had 2 failures to feed I think due to the angle of the round in the clip. Flat seems to do the best..it seems if the round was cocked up it would jam..
No failure to fire at all. It was shooting low and left out of the box at 10 feet but all rounds hit my big target. then I started to play with the sights....to say the least Iam not all that familiar with the 40's sights so I end up take it farther down off the target.
Anyways i sat tonight and played a bit with the sights to familiarize myself and I think I may have a better understanding of them for the next time. Now I need to track down some more cheap 40 ammo and get out and see what my adjustments have done.
Overall I had a blast I would let two clips of ammo go and then my nephew shot my 22 single shot bolt action as I reloaded clips. He hasnt shot very much and he seemed to have a good time. I evan let him shoot the 40 once but I dont think he is ready to a auto yet. I think he was a bit nervous..anyways he is still learning as well but iam gald I can get him out...wished his brother would come..hell I have a 22 for all 3 of us if it comes down to it...blah :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Failure to feed might also be due to the mag being tight. I know when I got my .45 I had to leave ammo in it to strech it out. After that, i've had no issues with the feed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure where you're at but Smitty's Sporting Good in DeSoto, MO has some of everything. I just came from there a got 150 rounds of Remington 9mm UMC, 50 Winchester 9mm silver tip HP, a couple boxes of 38 spl and 357 mag HP, Hornady Eveolution for my 30/30, all totaling $200. Wish I could have bought more but... next payday maybe :D :welcome:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naa Iam up in wisconsin..I just went to wolly world where by chance i found two boxes of 40 ammo. I also picked up a 20 round box of 30-30 and 3 boxes of 50 round 22 ammo. Not much there at all. I wanted a big 500 round box of 22 lr but none left.
The girl told me ammo and weapons are gonna ll go up a 100% in july sometime due to obama's anal gun policies...dont know.
I may make one more purchase if that happens..I will go get the new marlin xl7 in 30-06 and get it all set up for deer season...hopefully its not true but probably is...anyways.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
naa Iam up in wisconsin..I just went to wolly world where by chance i found two boxes of 40 ammo. I also picked up a 20 round box of 30-30 and 3 boxes of 50 round 22 ammo. Not much there at all. I wanted a big 500 round box of 22 lr but none left.
The girl told me ammo and weapons are gonna ll go up a 100% in july sometime due to obama's anal gun policies...dont know.
I may make one more purchase if that happens..I will go get the new marlin xl7 in 30-06 and get it all set up for deer season...hopefully its not true but probably is...anyways.
Man!!! 100%??? That is going to suck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts