Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
i am unable to find any 8x56r ammo that is not over $1 a bullet. And most of the stuff i've found is nazi marked and $2 a piece.
The best I've seen is 89 cents / round at J&G last week. Ammo cost is the reason I'm not going to buy one of these rifles.

If my life runs true to form, just about the time these rifles start to shoot up in price someone will bring in millions of rounds of ammo and it will be available for 13 cents.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I was lucky enough to buya few hundred rounds of Nazi surplus a few months ago, I also know that Prvi Partizan is planning to launch this caliber later in the year so now would be a great time to grab one or twelve of the M95's and just be patient, this ammo is coming down the pipeline and will be priced around 13-15 bucks per 20. Not bad for new production, non corrosive ammo for these guns.
http://www.prvipartizan.com/ppu_mannlicher.php

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've heard of some folks taking 7.62x54R brass and re-necking them for this caliber. Not sure how safe that is, but thats the reason I've not bought one of these beautiful rifles...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had a bit of good luck when I purchased my M-95 from SOG several years ago, They were selling 250 round sealed cans for $60.00,
It is Bulgarian with late 30's head stamp so I picked up several cans at the time, so far it has been some fine shooting ammo

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I was lucky enough to buya few hundred rounds of Nazi surplus a few months ago, I also know that Prvi Partizan is planning to launch this caliber later in the year so now would be a great time to grab one or twelve of the M95's and just be patient, this ammo is coming down the pipeline and will be priced around 13-15 bucks per 20. Not bad for new production, non corrosive ammo for these guns.
http://www.prvipartizan.com/ppu_mannlicher.php

Agreed.

I recently started reloading, and am thinking about picking one of these up now. I'm not down with 1 dollar trigger pulls. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hope they show up around here soon!! I'm down to my last five round's and have a want to shoot my mini cannon real bad like. LOL

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Bad news is that there was an explosion at an underground portion of the Prvi factory last week and a few lines and calibers will be shut down for the near future, namely the 7.62 Nagant ammo. I am not sure how this is going to affect the other calibers they produce but according to a worker there that I exchange email with, it was a significant blast and lives were lost. My best to those workers and their families. As I learn more from my email pal, I will let you guys know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts