Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this day we tend to think of the men and women serving in our military. While you are right that these brave Americans defend what we hold most dear, lets not forget what what the LEO's, Firemen, and others in civil service offer us every day. Every year on this day I wake up and still expect to see what I saw on T.V. 8 years ago after a call from my father in law. All to often we get into debates on how police forget some of the rights we are given as citizens in good standing, but time has proven when a battle hits home who is the first to jump in and try to protect us and or families with out regard to there life. I have never been more proud of my friends and relatives in the military and any form of service. I urge everyone to take a minute of silence if you have not already to remember what we are given not only those serving over seas but also the one serving here at home.

There is nothing greater that you can give then the gift of sacrifice for your fellow man.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
This day is ANOTHER Day of Infamy! The day I lost 343 brother firefighters, 7 whom were personal friends and a young man who 20 years before I had helped bring into the world. It is a day of remembrance and honor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This day is ANOTHER Day of Infamy! The day I lost 343 brother firefighters, 7 whom were personal friends and a young man who 20 years before I had helped bring into the world. It is a day of remembrance and honor.
Sounds to me like you are a firefighter by you passage. While we honor the fallen, remember we are also honoring your service to all that need it.

THANK YOU

For what you do everyday

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
and I thank you. But I retired in Dec 2001 and moved to South Carolina and recently moved to Texas. Every time I hear the siren or go by and see the rigs I still feel the special tug.

·
Registered
855 Posts
To those who have fallen..... May they never be forgoten, for they paid the ultimate price! I will always pay my respect and honor those who continue to serve, those who served with me, and those who came before me!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
With a Father that is USAF Retired, an Uncle that served 12 years in the USMC with 3 tours in Vietnam, 4 great Uncles that erved in WWII and Vietnam, an older Brother in the US Army, a younger Brother recently separated from the US Navy, my wife recently separated from the USAF and me finally home from my deployment for the USAF I say HELL YEAH! Keep up the good work. I know I'll never forget the sacrifices of the men and women that came before me, or the ones that I'll help bring up through the ranks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.