Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 500 rounds of this, sent to me mistakenly, can't return it. Can you use it? I'll trade it even up for a 500-round case of 9x19 Luger, almost any brand. I'll split shipping.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
um, sir... that is an obscure round to say the least, is it 9x23 largo or 9x23 winchester?

·
Registered
268 Posts
It always makes for a nice excuse to buy another gun...

"Honey, I'm stuck with all this ammo with nothing to shoot it in. Can I go out and buy a Destroyer carbine?" ;)

wizard93

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I've got 500 rounds of this, sent to me mistakenly, can't return it. Can you use it? I'll trade it even up for a 500-round case of 9x19 Luger, almost any brand. I'll split shipping.
You don't need to trade off the ammo; you need to buy the product advertised in the upper-right corner:
http://www.sarcoinc.com/1-10-09B 6.pdf

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
You don't need to trade off the ammo; you need to buy the product advertised in the upper-right corner:
http://www.sarcoinc.com/1-10-09B 6.pdf
That's good stuff NDS, keep it up and we'll give you a custom title, LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know someone that tried to shoot the in a Hi-point carbine, it did not workout so well. But it did fire them and did not blowup.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know someone that tried to shoot the in a Hi-point carbine, it did not workout so well. But it did fire them and did not blowup.
?

HPs are 9x19-- 9x23 I would think would not even chamber all the way-- if he got it to fire, I would tell him he is lucky to have his face and fingers still!!

:blink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 9x23 ammo I have is Win White Box, simply marked "9x23 WIN." It's 124 grain JSP. I can't tell from this whether it's Luger or Steyr, and from what I've read on other forums, it seems to make a difference. Yes, I'd pop less than $200 (with FFL and transfer fees) for a weapon that'd fire these rounds, as stock on 9x23 seems to be almost unendingly available.

The Star 9mm in the SARCO ad linked above calls specifically for 9mm Largo ammo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Answered my own question, I guess: found this at www.9mmlargo.com --

In 1996 Winchester introduced a new cartridge, the 9x23mm Winchester. The exterior case dimensions of this round are almost identical to the 9mm Largo. Interior dimensions are different though, as this cartridge is loaded to much higher pressure than the 9mm Largo. For this reason 9x23mm Winchester ammunition should not be used in 9mm Largo firearms. Reloading the brass to 9mm Largo specifications should not pose a problem, if it is remembered that the case capacity of the 9x23mm Winchester is less than that of the 9mm Largo and powder charges are adjusted accordingly.

So...any recommendations for an affordable pistol for what seems to be a very nice (and very available) defensive round?

·
Registered
168 Posts
?

HPs are 9x19-- 9x23 I would think would not even chamber all the way-- if he got it to fire, I would tell him he is lucky to have his face and fingers still!!

:blink:
Now for the rest of the story his car won best engineered at last year at Indy's Supper Chevy show. And my mistake it was largo not 9x23.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
^WTF?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts