Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to put a scope mount on my 91/30, I don't want to get into alot of modding it , so i was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the 'no gunsmith' options that require a long eye relief scope? If so which seem to work best? I've seen several on the web and just want to make sure they are worth getting. I've also considered the Tri-Rail system I have seen around.

I've searched all the previous Mosin threads and didn't find my answer.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I had one on my Mosin when I still had the gun. I just searched for something on Amazon and ended up buying it. It was like 10 bucks shipped or something. It held up to the recoil really well. I don't really remember the brand or anything but there are a lot of options for it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
THe rear sight on a 91/30 is set up on a dovetail the same size as the base of a ruger 22 scope ring. it is pinned and and silver soldered in place.

I removed the ladder sight so just the base was still attached to my rifle then drove the pins out of the sight base. Removed the barrel and reciever from the wood stock and heated the sight base with a propane torch until i could LIGHTLY tap the sight base free. Incidently I also laid a towel on the floor to catch the base so no dings.

took the .22 scope rings and put them on the ebay special long eye relief scope ( (1" barrel) and stored the reassembled sight with my other "return to C&R status" goodies.

My mosin was an izzy retread from Century. I tried one of the ebay cheapo scout mounts but it died the firt range trip. thought about one of the more expensive ones and came across this trick on www.surplusrifle.com only works on the 91/30 though.

been lurking for 2 years got a lot of great info here!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Ah I should have read this thread before creating my own. I feel silly now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.