Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
My C9 and 995 will eat WWB and beg for more .... actually I have not had any ammo cause function problems so far ... some is just more accurate than others!

I have used .. Wolf, Brown Bear, PMC, WWB, Magtech, Sellor and Belliot, Blazer Brass and blazer Aluminum, Federal Tactical HST, and my own hand loads with LRN bullets and a factory charge of winchester powder.

So I am not sure why some people have problems but so far I haven't noticed any of these issues in either the pistol or the carbine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You really need to test all ammo yourself. I've used WWB since I started shooting and aside from one bad box (verified across 5 guns), I put thousands of rounds down with zero issues.

·
Banned
19,436 Posts
WWB is what is left over after military contract runs or what doesnt pass spec. ive bought WWB that had nato headstamp ammo in it mixed with regular headstamped ammo. ive found QC defects and empty cases. aslong as it functions in your gun its still the best bang for your buck if you dont reload.

SW

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I maybe one of the lucky ones as well. my 995 has had no problem with WWB. Not even a little indigestion.

·
Registered
256 Posts
WWB is what is left over after military contract runs or what doesnt pass spec. ive bought WWB that had nato headstamp ammo in it mixed with regular headstamped ammo. ive found QC defects and empty cases
SW - that's interesting and somewhat mirrors what one of the local gun shops told. He told me the WWB was "inconsistent" in their loads thus the stovepipes. But, my C9 is finicky anyway and the irony is that the least expensive ammo (Blazer Brass) works flawlessly.

WR2

·
Registered
244 Posts
WWB is what is left over after military contract runs or what doesnt pass spec. ive bought WWB that had nato headstamp ammo in it mixed with regular headstamped ammo. ive found QC defects and empty cases
SW - that's interesting and somewhat mirrors what one of the local gun shops told. He told me the WWB was "inconsistent" in their loads thus the stovepipes. But, my C9 is finicky anyway and the irony is that the least expensive ammo (Blazer Brass) works flawlessly.

WR2
Sounds like the Thunderbolt of 9mm. :grinwink:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I haven't shot any WWB in mine, but the only stuff I've ever had problems with is some surplus Swedish "Training Ammo" that 1) has the hardest primers on the planet, and 2) doesn't reliably generate enough power to work the action. (And the brass is Berdan, so I can't even reload the empties!)

Other than that, it's eaten whatever I fed it, and asked for more.

-Sifrid

·
Registered
314 Posts
No problem with the WWB on any of my 3 HiPoints. At first though, but that was operator error. You know, the limp wrist thingy and all that other stuff that goes with it........

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have shot 10,000's of rounds through my SW M&P, 995, C9. All of my range buddies shoot it and we have never had any issues.

The only thing I have had is a few Squib rds. But hey that can happen. For the most part it will fire with no issues!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have yet to find a 9mm round that my 995 doesn't happily make go bang, including my latest efforts as a rookie reloader (started last month).

Now that I can 'roll my own' for half the cost I won't have much need to buy store-bought, but I would predict that any 9mm you might find for sale at a store will serve you just fine and dandy in a Hi Point carbine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.