Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to this forum as I just purchased my first Hi-Point firearm. Your forum was the deciding factor in which 9mm carbine I was to purchase. I just picked the weapon up on tuesday and I have already ordered the ATI Stock for it from Combatstocks.com. (they are great, I have used them numerous times and highly recommend them). However I am trying to get one of the "thekrnel's" barrel shrouds for it. I see he is in the process of moving and was wondering if anyone had one for sale. I am trying to set my carbine up like the one in the 2nd picture of the following thread:

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1817

Once I have it all setup I will let you know how it performs. I have fired a RRA 9mm carbine, IMI Uzi and a Bobcat MP5 Clone and was very disappointed with the reliability issues. (they jammed). They were not my weapons so I do not know how well maintained they were but it put a sour taste in my mouth for the prices they were commanding.

My 995 in Camo costed $189.99. The ATI stock with shipping was $54.95.

I just need one of thekrnels fake suppressor shrouds to complete it.

I cannot believe what you get for $250.00 bucks. Now I can take the remaining money set aside for the other carbines and purchase a Taurus PT1911. If anyone has any input on the Taurus please let me know. I am getting the Taurus because my 1962 Colt Gold Cup National Match is too nice to shoot as it is becoming a safe queen. Thanking you all in advance for your help,
John

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Congrats on your buy. The vast majority of people that own this carbine shoot the heck out of them and absolutely love them (myself included)

If you have any troubles, we are here to help.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have had no issues with the reliability on my 995. Have right around 2000 rounds out of it. 2 ftf due to me hitting the mag release. other than that I shoot the crap out of it.

And dont make it a safe gun that is a crime I think. You had better check your local laws lol.......

I have heard mixed review on the PT1911. But have never fired one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

On another note this may be a silly question. Does your 995's Bolt remain open on an empty magazine? I don't know if it was designed to remain open after the last round was fired. Thanks again,
John

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some do, some don't. If yours does, thats a good thing, hold opens are nice, but they were only available on the latter models(correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
The current 995 carbines are not made to hold open on an empty mag. The 4095 carbine does.

I understand that Hi Point is comming out with a 995 that will hold open on empty mag, but the older ones will not be able to be modified

1 - 7 of 7 Posts