Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody figured a way to install a bottom rail on the 995 carbine. I want to put a vertical foregrip on . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It's hard to do but some one on here has done it. Guys, who did it? :thinking:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
here's mine i did a while back to my ATI

You can have the forward grip sit vertical. You just have the put some spacers on your rail mount. Here's my VFG mounted.

better pics of the mount

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help and pictures . How did you screw it on without spliting the seam that runs down the middle? It looks like your ATI has a seam just like the old 995.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Bushman98 makes an ATI slant rail that is already sloped with the proper angle to give you a horizontal surface so your vertical grip is vertical.

http://bushmanparts.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=54

It would be difficult on a regular 995 because the regular stock does not have much "meat" to mount to. You could do something similar to the optics rail and mount a baseplate on the inside of the stock and then screw into that.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Thanks for your help and pictures . How did you screw it on without spliting the seam that runs down the middle? It looks like your ATI has a seam just like the old 995.
The ATI is solid on the bottom so I was able to just drill through the bottom piece.

An angled mount would be optimal, when I modded mine no one was offering anything for it.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I installed one on my factory 995. I drilled and tapped the stock with 8-32 threads, put a little bit of JB Weld on the bottom of the rail and into the threads and snugged it up tight. It's an easy mod if you take your time. It is now a rock solid mount. I currently have a green laser installed, but it is good to go for a bi-pod or a forward grip..............

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Tapping the factory 995 stock is pointless, there is about 1/8 of plastic meat for threading. You'd be best served to drill, place nut and bolt through and use a metal baseplate as a retainer on the inside.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
unkster, looking GOOD!!! Good job on that. I'm going to try that on mine too. Can't beat that JB Weld. :no: ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
sell it and get the new 995ts comes with bottom rail :idea:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
It may be pointless to you, but it works. There is just enough thread to hold it tight until the JB Weld sets. It's been through a few hundred rounds and it is still solid................

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed one by taking the stock apart and glass bedding an aluminum block into the forearm section. I drilled and tapped the block to install a rail on the under side. I believe this is about the only way to do it in order to have it stand up to the stress of a forward grip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts