995 caliber conversion underway, with pics.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by EchoZulu, Feb 22, 2008.

1. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

Finally its almost done. 995 converted to 32 N.A.A. its going to be a real bottle rocket. Shilen 7.65 barrel blank 1/10 twist. Finished barrel to be 16.5 inches, target crowned and ported. Fires and cycles the bolt with no problem. We need to tweak the mag some for proper function. Maybe add a full length shim and spring change. A custom made scope rail is in the works. A fixed 4X will ride on top. Final finish will likely be a matte hardchrome. Chrony and gelatin test to follow. All work performed by a pro smith.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Does this void the warranty?

:D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

A seriously wild project! I have to ask: why? Is it cost-effective vs. just buying something else, or is it just something that's too cool not to try?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3. I would hate to see this one go back to the factory.I'll bet thay would re barrel it put in a factory stock and send it back with 2 extra clips.

Looks good post picks when available!

4. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

Cost effective? Hell no. I needed a inexpensive reliable platform to start. The 995 fit the bill. There is no other 32 N.A.A. rifle or carbine I know of. And believe me I've looked. This may be the first of its kind. I just could'nt leave this one alone. I do own a converted East German Makarov in 32 NAA, built by the same gunsmith. I think you'll agree he does nice work.
    [​IMG]

5. Is it you or the gunsmith that has the red toe nail polish??? :lol:

6. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

I never wear red nail polish. :D And besides I wear a sze 14 boot! Its got to be his wife.

7. How are you making the mags work from 9mm Luger to the .32? If you could, post pics of everything you did, I am interested in this.

8. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

The stock mags for the 9x18 Makarov work just fine with no mods. for the 32NAA pistol conversion. The 9x19 995 mags are a touch long for the 32 NAA for fully reliable feed. He's working on mag modification now. He does not see it as a major obstacle. I will post all the pics you want when its complete.

9. griff30

griff30 Member

Wow! I questioned on here if HP would ever make a 32 naa a while back. Didn't think someone would home brew!

10. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

A 357 sig conversion of a 4095 would be neat.

11. Now that would be very cool... match grade 357sig 4095... you would be famous!

12. urotu

urotu Member

.32 NAA is a .380 ACP necked down to accept 60gr .32 bullets, so in the 995 it really shouldn't be an issue. the .380 and the 9x19 mags for the pistols are the same, and as we know, the carbine mags will fit the pistols, albeit a bit loose.

I'd like to see more info on the .32 NAA round, it sounds intersting. There's just not m,uch on it out there I can find. Personal experiences anyone?

13. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

380 9X17, Makarov 9x18 and 9mm luger 9x19. 32NAA 60 gr. Speer Gold Dot H.P. Cor-Bon factory loads average about 1430 FPS IN 4.25 inch barrel. Handloads mild to wild 85gr. Hornady XTP average just under 1200 fps. Hornady 65gr. XTP HP 1700fps 4.25 inch barrel. This is not a typo. That load will be high stepp'in out of a 16 inch barrel.

14. If I send you my carbine can you convert it to 7.62x25 Tokarev for me? Now that would kick butt.

15. urotu

urotu Member

Wow, that's 7.62 Tokarov speeds, I'm impressed. I'm interested to see how that gun shoots EZ. Let us know.

16. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I'd like mine coverted to .22LR, now that would be cool, but I'd also like it to be easilly converted back to 9mm.

I wish they made sabot rounds for .22's or something.

17. EchoZulu

EchoZulu Guest

Here's a link with some good info on the 32 NAA

http://www.makarov.com/32naa/index.html

18. This thread is officially out of control. :D

Out of here....

19. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I don't know, I just want some sort of .22LR shooting solution for my 995. lol...

20. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    I don't see Ceiner breaking into this market anytime soon! :D :roll:

Awesome project EchoZulu. Doing stuff like that gives me a chubby; the only thing that would make it better is if you were actually doing it yourself. Looking forward to the AAR.