Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Hey,
As a Active Duty MP, I'm having difficulty seeing this getting okay doked by the higher ups. Why issue HPs on base when the arms room is full of ARs? The DA Coppers have access to the same stuff that the MPs have. Maybe a few have their own kit while on patrol, that's "off the books". I'm having difficulties seeing this pass the smell test. The PM on base would have kittens if he found out that we were carrying our own stuff.

· Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Thanks for the back up on this one. I dont wanna "call anyone out" on this. It just, didnt sound right. Oh yeah, Provost Marshal would have a serious S/F if he found out that someone was carrying something "off the books". I'd see a free expense paid vacation to Kansas in someones future, if they did.

· Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I'm just speaking to the military side. The original comment was that a MP/DA Copper was carrying a HP as a Patrol Carbine. I use to work as a City Copper in KCMO. They woulda had a S/F if you carried something "off the books" too. I realize that equiping yourself is indicitive to a small agency.

Here's the original quote:

My neighbor is an MP E-4 CPL.

Just had a 1120pm chat and told him of the trade I made with waltham41.

He then told me that some of the guys are using them as there carbine in the squad car.

I double ask to be sure he was talking about the Hi-Point. He was very sure and clear that he was.

Now he had to go to bed, Long day and all so details were not brought up.

SO>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Post Fort Riley has MP's in squad cars. They also have a civilian force also to suppliment the numbers from those deployed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.