995 carbine mags

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by collinjx, Dec 4, 2015.

1. collinjx

collinjx Member

Just installed a new TS stock on my 995 that I bought new in 2001. Can I still used my older 995 mags in the new TS stock? In the box the new TS stock came in was a printout that said older 995 mags without proper clearance may damage the frame on the new stock. Sorry if this has been asked before.

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

I've never seen a "different" mag for the ts.
    You've got it, stick your mag in it and make sure it fits. But I've never seen the paper youre talking about, and they only sell one 995 mag.

3. collinjx

collinjx Member

Here's a pic of the warning.

Attached Files:

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ok do your mags look like the ones it says not to use?
    If so....the answer is still right in front of you. If they dont, they they're fine.

5. collinjx

collinjx Member

No they don't look like the newer mags. The follower is different. Should had waited till monday and give HP a call and purchase new mags. Looked like you learn something new today. HP does have a different mag for the TS and you seen the warning paper.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

See if Melvin will trade you for a couple of new ones. He's got plenty of 995 ' s still in the monkey suit.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The mags are definitely different, as the old ones don't have a relief cut for the LRHO, because oddly...get this...the old mags fit the old gun without the LRHO.:p

All you have to do is cut, grind or file some clearance into the old mag so it fits the new TS guns without jamming into the LRHO actuator, and it will work fine, in both guns.

But just the TS stock on the classic frame? I'm not sure what damage the mag could do? As I read the warning, it has nothing at all to do with the stock, only with the frame?

If you are using old mags with the old gun, it should be fine, regardless of the stock on it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. collinjx

collinjx Member

Thanks for the info. Old mag old frame good. Old mag new frame not so good. So I guess the new style mag in the classic frame isn't a problem.Thanks again.