995 charging handle

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by eagleguy, Feb 22, 2015.

1. eagleguy

eagleguy Member

Is the factory charging handle so bad that it requires replacement with an aftermarket one? Haven't got mine yet but I see its one of the things people commonly change.

2. colthrash

colthrash Member

no, but as with anything else, there are always upgrades. if you want.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Up to a certain point, the modifications are all about the bling. Beyond that and you're bordering on mall ninja status....

4. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

I have pinched my pinky to many times with the oem charging handle.

Mostly when reloading a new mag after the handle has been locked back.

With gun in right hand I use left hand to load new mag and cock back the charging handle and that's when is snaps forward and takes a piece of skin with it. It has happend several times till I changed it. The newer version is larger and doesn't pinch my skin off any more.

So for me I needed to make that change.

5. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

I have the same think as your link for sale too

6. eagleguy

eagleguy Member

What do you have, what link and how much?

[email protected]

7. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

I have the same as in the first link. I like it cause it is beveled on the inside and my fingers fit well in it.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1424921381.672911.jpg

The pinky and hand just fit Nicely when charging with my left hand after inserting new mags.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1424921441.283882.jpg

8. eagleguy

eagleguy Member

From the picture it doesn't looks like the handle sits very well in the channel.

9. eagleguy

eagleguy Member

With all the different styles of charging handles available I am curious as to what is preferred and why. I see some have the bolt recessed, some are beveled and others are designed like thread holders.

10. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

It is machined with a small lip so the action can still be locked back manually which I think is nice to have that ability like the stock charging handle.

11. StlMike1969

StlMike1969 Member

I got pinched and got a blood blister on the area between my thumb and index finger the very first time I used the stock charging handle. I had already ordered a stainless steel knob online to replace on the right side. It screws right in and is just absolutely comfortable.

Now understand though I had to cut down the shroud to allow for the pull back and slide. As you can see it looks good though once painted. I am right handed and shoot from the right side. It is just so much easier for me to slide in the magazine in my left hand and push up as I am pulling back with my dominant hand.

Attached Files: