995 Classic stock question

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by LindaU, Sep 5, 2020.

1. LindaU

LindaU ‘Have Courage and Be Kind’ from Cinderella Member

Does the forend of the stock have enough space to allow for a bottom picatinny rail to be added?

2. It'd be a real challenge to center it and make it secure since the stock splits down the middle.
    upload_2020-9-5_23-24-1.png

LindaU likes this.

3. LindaU

Thank you for your response. I am planning to get one of these 995 classics and would like to put a handgrip on it if possible. Do you have any suggestions?

4. LindaU

I would like the handgrip positioned further back on the forend. I appreciate any responses! Thank you!

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

They don't make them any more. Haven't for years. If it isn't a specific one you already have in mind someone is going to sell cheap? Get a 995TS. I am not sure but you may be able to get a TS stock to swap out the "classic" stock.

Adam showed you it probably isn't a good idea. I'm not sure how flimsy that area is as I have never owned one. It isn't designed to mount anything. A picatinny rail off to the side to mount a forward grip is what you will have to do.

LindaU likes this.
  6. TNTRAILERTRASH and LindaU like this.
  7. LindaU

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Some kind of angled foregrip might be easier to install

[​IMG]

ethanjordan, undeRGRound and LindaU like this.
  9. rickm

rickm Member

In my personal opinon (from personal experence) the foward foregrip on these little carbines is a waste of money, the guns are light and have very little recoil to begin with. And yes i have the 9mm in both the old style stock and the newer TS stock,40 and 45.

undeRGRound, SWAGA and LindaU like this.
  10. LindaU

Thank you! I’ll wait till I receive it and see how it feels as is then. You may be right rickm and I may not feel the need for a handgrip.

undeRGRound and adam01364 like this.
  11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Mine came with the factory fore grip, but I just leave it stowed and use it like a potato grip.

LindaU likes this.
  12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    THAT is BAD-A$$!!
    Who makes it?

13. Longshot Manufacturing makes, or used to make, a picatinny rail specifically for the 995 stock. Back side was angled to keep the rail parallel to the barrel.

LindaU and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

undeRGRound likes this.
  15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Thanks SwagZ! awesome piece

16. ethanjordan

ethanjordan Member

I would like the handgrip positioned further back on the forend. I appreciate any responses!