Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
‘Have Courage and Be Kind’ from Cinderella
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the forend of the stock have enough space to allow for a bottom picatinny rail to be added?

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
It'd be a real challenge to center it and make it secure since the stock splits down the middle.
upload_2020-9-5_23-24-1.png

Reactions: LindaU

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. I am planning to get one of these 995 classics and would like to put a handgrip on it if possible. Do you have any suggestions?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like the handgrip positioned further back on the forend. I appreciate any responses! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
Thank you for your response. I am planning to get one of these 995 classics and would like to put a handgrip on it if possible. Do you have any suggestions?
They don't make them any more. Haven't for years. If it isn't a specific one you already have in mind someone is going to sell cheap? Get a 995TS. I am not sure but you may be able to get a TS stock to swap out the "classic" stock.

Adam showed you it probably isn't a good idea. I'm not sure how flimsy that area is as I have never owned one. It isn't designed to mount anything. A picatinny rail off to the side to mount a forward grip is what you will have to do.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Some kind of angled foregrip might be easier to install

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I’ll wait till I receive it and see how it feels as is then. You may be right rickm and I may not feel the need for a handgrip.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Mine came with the factory fore grip, but I just leave it stowed and use it like a potato grip.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Longshot Manufacturing makes, or used to make, a picatinny rail specifically for the 995 stock. Back side was angled to keep the rail parallel to the barrel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dropped my 995 'Classic' into an HTA bullpup stock, However, NOT a cheap choice but Awesome conversion! HiPoint TS stocks are available for the old 995 Classics at a reasonable price.

·
Banned
453 Posts
You could do a sideways grip like the laser blaster from the old V Tv series. The old stock configurations always reminded me of those reptilian visitor rifles for some reason. That and the lasertag rifle. 995 was a funky looking rifle when it first came out. Everyone laughed at them early on. I think within a year people were snatching them up talking about how great they were.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed one on mine and have a Magpul angeled foregrip on it..works really good.
Trying to figure out how to post pic

1 - 20 of 20 Posts