995 Classic

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by 0311, Mar 7, 2015.

1. 0311

0311 Member

In the process of getting a 995 classic in a trade. It has the ATI stock.
    At this point I don't know if the gun shoots or not.
    My question is, if I send it back to MOM for a checkup, should I send it WITH the ATI stock, or just send the receiver? Does MOM still have the classic stock to sell?

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT send your gun back to MoM in the ATI stock. The 2 things to VOID your lifetime transferrable warranty is the ATI stock & Promag magazines. You should check to see of the previous owner still has the Classic stock. If not check around e-bay or on here to see if someone has an extra one to part with. You can always call MoM to see if they have a Classic to buy? I'm sure she won't sell you one, but maybe with a little maple syrup she would give you one??? Has happened several times in the past, hu hu Cicpup! If I was asking to buy a Classic, I would ask for the Camo Classic.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Or you send in the action , pay $40 and get it checked out and mounted in the TS stock

4. 0311

0311 Member

I can imagine why the promag's might be a problem. But why would the ATI stock cause a void in the warranty?

5. SWAGA

In taking a wild guess here but I vaguely remember reading that the ATI stock is stiffer then the Classic and it doesn't dampen the bolt as much as it slams back.
    But I'm standing by to be corrected.

6. MachoMelvin

From what I have found, HP originally warrantied the repairs on the ATI stock. Then discovered they were repairing the same problems over & over, costing them BIG $$$. The stiffer ATI stock was adding undo stress on the receiver & breech. Thus, now it VOIDS the warranty. I was told by a tech that the ATI stock & the promags almost broke the company back in the late 2000's, with the warranted repairs?

7. 0311

0311 Member

Guess I'll just pass on this one. Haven't heard any GOOD reason to take this gun. Bummer, 'cause I look at all of them here, & really wanted one.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    If the price is right, grab it. Then just send it in minus the stock with the "I got it this way" excuse. Worst case it cost you $40 for a stock. Keep the ATI or sell it for a few bucks.

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    This. And I also heard it weakens the mag catch due to flexing?? I had a used 995 with an ATI stock for a couple years and never had any problems.

10. mej24

mej24 Member

What is the price for this gun, if you don't mind saying?

11. 0311

0311 Member

Trade equaling approx. $200

12. cicpup

Vermont
    It's worth it.

13. 0311

0311 Member

I thought it was a decent deal. No way of knowing if it shoots or not. Wouldn't worry about it warranty wise except for the stock issue. I don't need a $200 paper weight..
    I'll try calling MOM Mon. & see what they say.

14. SWAGA

Send in everything minus stock, pay $40 and for a total of $240+ shipping you'll have a new gun.
    Which saves you some on buying it retail.
    Also ATI doesn't sell that stock anymore so you'll easily be able to sell it for $50-60

15. mej24

mej24 Member

What SWAGA said. At $200 trade, I'd be in. $240 in a new TS 995, and the ATI stock, wouldn't think twice about it.
    Just my .02¢

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Chicken$hit. PM me the info and I'll buy it and hold onto it till you make up your damn mind. Maybe longer.

17. MachoMelvin

The ATI stock is a gateway drug, it will EXPAND your mind!

Attached Files:

18. 0311

0311 Member

Dang, cicpup, you need a hug or somethin'? After all, it is MY $200. I should be able to ask questions, no?

The guy that has it is in no hurry.

19. cicpup

Vermont
    Note: #176,485
    Regarding: 0311
    Subject: Chain not yankable.
    Possible Solutions: Locate flame thrower. Yank harder next time. Buy 0311 an ice cream cone with sprinkles. Say screw it and move on. Try and explain your gentle nudging.
    Chosen Solution: TBD

20. SWAGA

What Cic is trying to say is that ATI stocks are getting rare so take the shot of you have one.
    You're in no risk it's a win-win for you.